P1M Weekly News

Happy New Year from P1M.

We’ve had a busy start to this new term. When we came back to school on Wednesday we had a circle time first thing in the morning. This gave us the chance to tell Miss Meechan all about our holidays. We liked talking about our favourite presents from Santa.

We were also learning about New Year and how this is celebrated around the world. We all made a circle and listened to the song ‘auld lang syne’ we all joined hands during this song. We then made sure we said happy new year to all of our friends in the class. We loved the idea of fireworks athe new year and we worked on our pencil control to create fireworks. Lastly, we made new years resolutions and we know that this is a bit like a promise. We had some super resolutions:

Patryk “say more prayers”

Jarred “write a song about new year”

Kaitlyn “tidy my mum and dads room”

Poppy “help my mummy in the garden”

I hope you all stick to your resolutions. We have displayed these in our health and wellbeing section in our talking book- have a look out for them next time you are in our class.

collage-2017-01-04-20_07_21

We are starting lots of new concepts next week in class. We will be learning new sounds; starting a new level with our reading books; beginning a gymnastics block in PE; starting a new topic as well as learning more about practical maths! I hope you all get rested up over the weekend because it’s going to be a busy week!

Miss Meechan and P1M