Happy New Year from P2!

Although it’s been a short week we have been busy in class.

Miss Boyes was very happy to see us all back and hear about our Christmas holidays.

This week was vision and values week at school. We have been learning lots about the school values and the school vision.

To learn about the school vision (Our Vision is to be a vibrant community of faith and learning where together we learn to grow in the image and likeness of Christ) we went into the Garden. We followed footsteps which were laid out on the ground and every time we came to a new set of footprints Miss Boyes would give us a special card. Each of the cards had an important message about Jesus and his qualities. We are told to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and this helped us to understand what we can do in our own lives to be like Christ.
img_6103img_6106

When we went back to class we spoke about the school vision further. Then we drew our own pictures of Jesus and wrote all of his special qualities. We would like to share these qualities with you at home.

img_6110img_6109

This week we reviewed our class charter. We decided that we did not want to change it however we did want to add some knew promises. We have learnt lots about our rights and responsibilities and this has given us a greater understanding of the promises we can keep.

The Promises which we have added are:

I will not distract others.

I will aim to complete my work.

I will be gentle.

Although all of the school values are of high importance we chose to focus in on Friendship and what it means to be a good friend. We thought about the ingredients you would need for a friendship recipe. We read a recipe but had to fill in the blanks with the ingredients.

Ingredients we chose were: happiness, cheerfulness, kindness, gentleness, laughter, smiles and love.

It is exciting to start a New Year, we spoke about New Years traditions in class. Then we had a think about what a New Years Resolution is. We chose our own and wrote it on our 2017 star. We will try to achieve our resolutions this year.

Examples of our resolutions are:

I will eat a wider range of food.

I will have a healthy diet and stop eating lots of sweets.

I will exercise and stay fit.

I will help my parents in the house with the dishes and tidying.

I will listen to my teacher.

I will keep my bedroom tidy.

In class this week we have refreshed our understanding of numbers to 100. We have been counting forwards and backwards, finding 2 numbers more or less and we have been finding the smallest and largest numbers.

We are looking forward to starting a new topic and learning lots more at school.

Have a lovely weekend from Miss Boyes and Primary 2!