Nursery News

What an exciting and busy week we have had in Nursery! We have been very busy practising for our Nursery Nativity which takes place this Tuesday 6th at 10am and 2 pm. We are really looking forward to showing all our families our singing and drama skills. There will also be a bake sale half an hour before each performance and any donations of cakes would be greatly appreciated for these.

Our planning wall has changed to Christmas and the children have given lots of  super ideas for this. Please feel free to add any other thoughts or ideas that may come from your child at home.

On Thursday something very strange happened in both sessions. We came into Nursery to find lots of glitter on the carpet and we all wondered how this had happened! It was a very special visitor he was the Elf on the shelf! He brought along with him a very special story which we listened to. We were asked to give  him a name. The AM children decided on Sparkle and the PM children thought of Max. He explained that he was going to be in our nursery till Christmas and every day he would be watching us all to see who was being kind and he would whisper their names to the teachers who would write a letter which he would take back every night to Santa! Every day when we came into nursery we would need to look for him as he wouldn’t always be on his shelf and he might be doing something naughty! The kindness elves are his special friends. Look out for him when you are in the nursery.

Its the turn of the PM children to share their adventures with us this week.

Courtney ” I painted and used glitter.”

Mark ” I like the Artic animals”

Emalie B” I like drawing pictures at the drawing table.”

Kayla ” I made a bed in the brick area.”

Emilie M ” I like playing in the house area and looking after baby Jesus.”

Scott ” I like the trains”

Riley ” I helped make Christmas decorations.”

As well as our Nativity plays on Tuesday we have our Christmas Art Galleries on Thursday 15th at 230pm and Friday 16th December at 1030am where you will get the opportunity to buy your child’s special and individual Christmas art. Any money raised for this will go towards purchasing new nursery resources.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend and we look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday!

The Nursery Team.

image  image  image  image  image  image image image

4 thoughts on “Nursery News”

1. Christopher has been enjoying the nativity rehearsal lots! I am really looking forward to Tuesday!
    The elf on the shelf sounds very exciting.

2. Blake has loved nativity rehearsals and we can’t believe how much his confidence when singing and performing has grown. We can’t wait to see them all on Tuesday.

3. I have enjoyed my wee sneaky peek at your nativity rehearsals boys and girls! It is incredible to see it all come together. Tuesday will be fantastic, I’m sure! Roma has been singing the songs (on repeat) and we’ve been enjoying reading the Nativity story at home too.

The PM children were so excited to show me MAX, the elf on the shelf. He was watching everyone and he must have found it so hard to pick as all of the children were doing a smashing job of being kind to one another.I wonder what Max and Sparkle will be up to in nursery all weekend?!

4. The children are so excited about performing on Tuesday for all their families. They have worked very hard all week. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Tuesday. Thank you all for your comments. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this. 😀

Mrs Caskie