Nursery News

OUR ADVENTURES THIS WEEK

On Monday we went on our monthly visit to the library.  We listened extremely well to the story of Winnie the Witch and her cat Wilbur. Mrs Campbell had lots of props to help her tell the story and we loved looking at all the different coloured cats! It was great fun!!

winnie-witchwinnie-2

Winnie the witch
Winnie the witch

It has been a very cold week, but we have loved getting outside to look for signs of winter. We saw lots of frost on the ground and frozen spider webs on the fence! We think Winter has definitely arrived! We even brought some big chunks of ice inside and put them in the water tray to see if they would melt. We decided that next week we are going to add some polar animals into our ice experiments!

iceweb

We are in the process of changing our planning wall to the theme of “Christmas.” We have lots of exciting activities planned but we always love to hear ideas from our parents too! Please ask a member of our team if you would like to add an idea to our wall! We have started to make some festive pieces for our Christmas art gallery and we are working hard to rehearse our nativity show!

We have also been decorating our Christmas cakes for the Family Festive Fun Afternoon, don’t they look great??

AM Cake
AM Cake
PM Cake
PM Cake

This week we have set up a mini stage area with some microphones for the children to perform for their friends. What great fun we have had!! Our favourite winter song has been “Little Snowflake.” Please click on the link below to sing along at home. We might even add this song into our nativity show as we love it so much! 🙂

This week its the AM class turn to share their learning on the blog:

Lewis- “I made a steering wheel to drive fast like granny” 🙂

Blake- “I had fun playing in the sand with Yasmin”

Abu Bakr- “I painted my foot!”

Liam J- “I have had a fun time this week!”

Roma- “I was singing in the microphone”

Abigail- “we are practising our nativity show!”

Connor- “I painted a rainbow”

Amelia- “We saw ice on the ground”

What a busy week!!

SOME DATES FOR YOUR DIARY:

Thursday 1st December @ 6:00pmNew P1 Parental information Evening.

If your child is due to start School in August 2017, please come along to this information evening.

Friday 2nd December 1:00-3:00pm- Family Festive Fun Afternoon

Please come along and join in the festive fun! This year the nursery will be hosting “guess the weight of the Christmas Cake” and “Carrot lucky dip” we hope to see you all there!! 🙂

Tuesday 6th December- Nativity Show

AM performance 10:00am

PM performance 14:00pm

The parent Council will also be hosting a Cake Sale before the nativity performances to raise funds. Please bring along donations of cakes and goodies on the day if you can! Thank you!

cake-sale

Christmas Art Gallery

Our annual Christmas Art Gallery will take place on:

PM Class- Thursday 15th December @ 14:30pm

AM Class- Friday 16th December @ 10:30am

The children have been busy making lots of festive delights! Please come along to see what we have been up to with the option to buy your child’s work.

*All money raised will go towards new nursery resources 🙂

Have a fantastic weekend everyone!

The nursery team 🙂

One thought on “Nursery News”

1. A very busy week as always in the nursery! It is lovely to see how well you are preparing for the festive period, your Christmas cakes look fantastic!!!!
    It certainly has been cold and there are lots of signs of winter around the nursery outside area. I was lucky enough to pop in this week whilst you were singing little snowflake, I just love this song and you sang it so well!
    Miss S xx