Awesome P3

Another very busy week this week in Primary 3 – we have been working very hard and learning lots of new things.

This week we have really enjoyed….

Emma- I enjoyed writing because we were looking at different parts of a bike and writing about them.

Cameron – I liked the Eco Committee today as we were making bird feeders for the birds and we put them out in the garden.

Kate – We finished off our Christmas stockings in art this week, I liked sticking on all the sequins to decorate it.

Jack – I enjoyed Mass, I liked the singing and watching everyone taking part.  I sat next to a little boy during the Mass.

Sophie YM/Emily – I really enjoyed the Committee today, making a special box with a sweet inside.  I am thinking about who I want to give mine too.

Orla – In Committee we learned all about Graham Bell because he invented the first ever telephone.

Richard – We made candle holders today in our Committee and it was really good.  We used clay.

Lennon – Really enjoyed learning about chimney sums and also talking about other ways to find the answers.

Maliha – It was really fun to go outside and to learn about Carroll Diagrams – we were sorting stones into rough, not rough, grey and not grey.

image8 image7 image6 image5 image4 image3 image2 image1 image

Wow! Such a busy and successful week with lots of different learning styles.

Primary 3 really enjoyed the Mass this week and were so thankful to see lots of family members who joined us too, thanks very much for coming along if you could, especially in this cold weather.

We have also been extending our knowledge and confidence in talking about numbers and different strategies for answering sums.

Our Topic work this week has allowed us to investigate the four different layers of the Rainforest and to find out the different animals in these layers.  Why not ask your child what they remember about the different layers, it would be wonderful to read some of the responses on our blog.

On top of all of this we have also recorded a song on CD this week!  We learned ‘Santa Claus is Coming to Town’ and sang this in a visiting recording studio at St. Ninian’s.  It was amazing, what an experience! The children sounded like true professionals, we cannot wait for you to hear it when it’s released.  Awesome P3 have the X-Factor!!

Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend 🙂

Mrs McMullen and Awesome P3

4 thoughts on “Awesome P3”

1. Primary 3 what a wonderful post, you have had an exciting week!
    Mrs Scott was singing your praises after you class Mass on Thursday- well done you, I am sure the parishioners loved having you at Mass to share the liturgy with you.
    Great to see you using the outdoors this week even in the very cold weather!
    Well done P3
    Miss S xx

2. Yes – Primary 3 were exemplary in their behaviour at our Class Mass and put super effort into singing our hymns. Well done as well to our Bidding Prayer readers and those who took part in the Offertory procession – it’s not easy to take on these important roles when you are just little! Primary 3 are true St Ninian ambassadors! Kind regards, Mrs Scott

3. Primary 3 were such a credit to St Ninians at their Class Mass on Thursday. They were all so well behaved, participating beautifully in the service and when they were invited to come for a blessing at Communion.A lovely service! Thank you to Mrs Scott and Mrs Mc Mullen for the time and effort they put into organising and preparing the children.