P4/5 shining stars have a great first week!

P4/5 have had a very busy but exciting week. They have settled very well into their new shiny, colourful classroom. Here is some of the things P4/5 have been doing this week.

This has week has been awesome. We have been learning all about the BFG. (Jay-P)

We have been reading an exciting book called ‘The BFG’. We learned that the author of the BFG is Roald Dahl. It is a very special year for Roald Dahl because the 13th of September he would have been 100 if he was still alive. (Aria)

We used the description of the BFG from the book to draw a portrait of the BFG. (Finlay)

I was chosen for hot seating in drama and I took on the role of the BFG. I used a funny voice. (Nasim)Nasim drama

In drama I was Sophie. I answered questions from the children as Sophie. (Marcella)

Marcella drama

On the first day of school we made superheroes and worked as a team to create a class charter. Our slogan is ‘With great power comes great responsibility’. (Lewis)

This week we did some revision maths using mild, hot and spicy. I liked that I got to chose what activity I got to do. (Abi)

We got to share with Mrs Wassell, Mrs Gardiner and our friends what we did during the summer holidays. we used describing words to describe how we felt. (Louise)

We hope you all have a super weekend and are ready for the week ahead.

Mrs Wassell and P4/5

whole class

One thought on “P4/5 shining stars have a great first week!”

1. A lovely post to start the school year. Each time I’ve visited your classroom this week I’ve been impressed by how well you are listening and concentrating. Thanks for your help in reminding Mrs Wassell to take care of her fire register!!!!!!!!
    You’ve had a great start. Keep it up P4/5!