P3/4 and P4 Homework

Hi boys and girls,

We know how much you love doing your homework on the blog! So here it is;

Spelling

Choose one of the spelling patterns below that you sometimes find tricky.

ck    ing    th    tion    ph      dge      oa    

Find 10 words for that spelling pattern of your choice.  Learn your 10 words in a creative way of your choice. Be sure to explain your activity on your blog post. You could use technology, the outdoors or any other exciting way you can think of to learn your words.

Maths

Fractions. We have been working so hard learning all about fractions. We can recognise a fraction of a shape and find a fraction of a number. Play some fraction games to see how well you understand fractions. Write about what game you played on the blog post.

http://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=bingofractionsofamountsv3

http://www.maths-games.org/fraction-games.html
IDL

Continue with your Olympics homework choice form. All 3 pieces are due in this Friday 13th May.
Health and Wellbeing

Choose one of the activities below to do this week. Write a few sentences on the blog about which one you chose.

• Help your parents cook the dinner.
  • Do something nice for a member of your family.
  • Go to the park.
  • Help your parents in the garden.
  • Do something that makes you happy.
  • Create a new game to play.

We hope you have  fun and enjoy completing your homework this week!

Mrs Wassell and Mrs Kerr

76 thoughts on “P3/4 and P4 Homework”

1. This thing that Nathan thought thoroughly. The other method – thesaurus.
    I wanted to tell a story about the homework task but Joseph doesn’t have a TH in it so had to use Nathan instead.

I did half and quarters bingo for maths.

I helped my dad make chicken fajitas. I didn’t go weepy-woo when I cut the onions.

From Joseph

2. Maths – I played Monkey Fractions with a friend, taking turns each. It was fun doing it with a friend and I did pretty good at getting the right answers.

Spelling – I did my spelling on my whiteboard and tonight I threw up my favourite rabbit in the air whilst spelling out my words.

Health and well being – I did something that made me happy, I went to Clip n Climb at Ratho for the first time with my friend. It was really amazing and tried my hardest to climb to the top of one of the walls. I did the side of doom twice, it was so scary but awesome!

IDL – I designed a medal, I made an Olympic torch and finished my powerpoint presentation about my favourite athlete. I have a thermometer in class to make next week too.

Aoife Moran

3. Health and Wellbeing

Eating fruit
    Going to the park
    Playing football
    Playing dodgeball
    Going on my bike