P5 Weekly Update

This week we have had reduced numbers in class due to a variety of nasty bugs and viruses…for those who were absent I hope you are all feeling better soon.

In Maths we have consolidated our understanding of factors this week through our homework and in class we were rounding to the nearest 10, 100, 1000.  We used the saying “five to sky and four to the floor (just leave it alone)” to help us work out if a digit in the number should round up or stay the same.

In writing we completed our reports on the digestive system and as an extension we then wrote a story from the apples point of view as it travelled through our digestive organs.  This was great fun!

As part of our IDL topic we started to look at food packaging and we are creating a large classroom display label for an imaginative product.  We gathered suggestions on what to call our product and then voted. Kalvin’s suggestion of calling our product “Ninian’s Nutritious Num Nums” was the winner.  As a class we have decided this will be a healthy product, made suitable for vegetarians (but won’t be gluten free!) and its packaging will be made from 100% recycled packaging.  When we complete the label we will post a picture of it on this page.

Hope you all have a lovely LONG weekend.

Mrs Currie

One thought on “P5 Weekly Update”

1. I can’t believe the amount of children who were off this week in primary 5, I hope you’re all feeling so much better, we look forward to having you back after the long weekend.
    What a busy week P5, I like your St. Ninian’s mum mums. I had a chance to see some of your creations in the are this week. Great work!

Miss Smyth x