P4’s learning journey for this week!

This week has been a special week for P4. We are coming to the end of our preparations for our Holy Communion. We all feel ready to continue with our spiritual journey and look forward to our special day.

Vanessa “I am a little bit scared that I make a mistake but I am going to try my very best on the day.”

Bea “I am very excited about my big day!”

Lorena “I am amazed at how much I have learned over the last few weeks and I now feel ready to make the Sacrament of Holy Communion.”

We have been consolidating our knowledge of fractions this week. A lot of us feel very confident with finding a fraction of a number. We are able to link our knowledge of division to finding a fraction of a number.

Chloe – “I know that I can find a fraction of a number by dividing the number by the denominator.”

In writing, we have been looking at different types of poems. We have written acrostic poems using the word ‘OLYMPICS’. We used super vocabulary and lots of interesting facts about the Olympics. We also learned about Haiku poems. We had never heard of these before but now we LOVE them. We spent some time looking at some Haiku poems and discussed the features of a haiku poem. We recognise that haiku poems all have 3 lines. The first line has 5 syllables, the second has 7 syllables and the last has 5. Here are some of our fantastic poems;

Paige

Five rings colourful

Gold, silver and bronze medals

Active athletes go!

Rebecca

Bolt is now running

Now Usain Bolt has won gold!

Now he is happy.

We are thoroughly enjoying learning all about the Olympics. We have been exploring different sports and learning about the lives of different athletes. Some of us have started to bring in our Olympics projects! They are amazing. Mrs Wassell has set up a great display in the class room.

In PE we have had the opportunity to try out some of the Olympic games. We have been focusing on throwing this week with the shot put and the javelin.

Cole B, Matt and Oskar threw the javelin the furthest for the boys and Paige, Taylor and ChiChi threw the furthest for the girls. Well done kids!!

We hope you all have a lovely long weekend.

Mrs W and P4.

One thought on “P4’s learning journey for this week!”

1. Primary 4 children making their communion are very well prepared , I think you proved this at assembly this week. You were fantastic at hymn singing!

Sounds like an interesting week learning about all those different sports!!

Miss Smyth x