Primary 4 had fun in the sun!

What a week we have had! The sun has been shining brightly and we have been working so hard. We have taken our learning outside this week with Maths. We have continued with learning all about fractions. We have learned how to find a fraction of a number. We worked in trios to show our understanding of this outside by using chalk and outdoor resources. Here are some pictures of us having fun learning.

fractions fractions 4  fractions 2fractions 3

Preston “If you are finding a third of a number you divide the number by 3!”

Vanessa “I am finding fractions fun!”

Taylor “Fractions are awesome”

Beth “I find fractions a little tricky but each time we do it I understand it a little bit more.”

In writing this week we have linked our learning to our IDL topic ‘The Olympics’. We learned how to draw a labelled diagram. We designed a new logo for the Olympics Rio 2016! They were fantastic. We had to think about each part of our design and make sure it linked to the Olympics or the country Brazil. We wrote detailed descriptions about each part of our logo.

We had a little treat this week and had some different teachers. We had Mrs Thompson for Art where we were learning about opposite colours. We also had Miss Naismith and Miss Williams for PE. We have been trying out some of the Olympic sports in PE. This week we were focusing on the high jump. Some of us could jump up to 80cm clearing the bar. We look forward to extending this next week.

This week we also had an opportunity to discuss our learning and our goals at Ninian’s natter. We had a focus on numeracy this time as we have been working so hard in Maths that we wanted to discuss and share our learning.

In reading this week we have been challenged. We have been looking at reading for meaning. We read various texts and had to answer questions using the text and our own knowledge. We found this particularly tricky however Mrs Wassell assures us we will be doing plenty more of this over the next term that we will be pros at it by the time we go into Primary 5!

We hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Primary 4 and Mrs W

4 thoughts on “Primary 4 had fun in the sun!”

1. Busy and brilliant in P4. Sounds like a very productive week both indoors and outdoors.
    Did you know that P5 are learning about fractions too? Perhaps you could visit their classroom and challenge each other?
    I was very impressed watching you all take part in high jump this week. You all showed such great determination and effort. Maybe I’ll have a go next week …
    #welovePE!

2. Fab week had by all by the sound of things!! Thoroughly enjoyed ninians natter once again always good to see how Taylor is getting on and also to have a wee chat with other mums and dads. And of course the bake sale is a very big hit with our 2 kids!! 🎂

3. I loved playing Fration flag because it easer to remember fraction but I still think I need in more work .Vanessa p4.

Reply 2.Judith Kutepa says:
    April 14, 2016 at 6:50 pm .Reading

I read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory because Charlie Bucket and his family have lots bof adventures and amazing storys to tell

Reply 3.Judith Kutepa says:
    April 14, 2016 at 7:05 pm .•The following sports are part of the Summer Olympics: Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Boxing, Canoeing, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian, Fencing, Field Hockey, Soccer, Gymnastics, Handball, Judo, Pentathlon, Rowing, Sailing, Shooting, Swimming, Synchronized Swimming, Table Tennis, Taekwondo, Tennis, Triathlon, Volleyball, Water Polo, Weightlifting, Wrestling.

MY FACTS BY VANESSA

Thank you for giving us EXCITING Homework

Reply 4.Judith Kutepa says:
    April 20, 2016 at 4:56 pm .I loved playing hit the button because its easier for me to learn my multiplcation and division.On my 8 times table my highest score is 28.This week I am going to work on my division and my fractions.

Reply 5.Judith Kutepa says:
    April 20, 2016 at 4:57 pm .I loved playing hit the button because its easier for me to learn my multiplcation and division.On my 8 times table my highest score is 28.This week I am going to work on my division and my fractions.

VANESSA KUTEPA

Reply 6.Judith Kutepa says:
    April 29, 2016 at 6:37 pm .A IWB teaching resource for helping children to understand fractions of amounts. This resource has attractive sets of images which can be changed to represent different fractions. Intended for oral work.

by Vanessa Kutepa