Primary 3/4 News

“This week we started our new maths topic ‘fractions’ and it was very interesting” said Rachel.

“The denominator splits things into equal parts” said Evie

“The denominator is the number underneath the numerator.” said Ailie.

“We learned that the top number of a fraction is called the numerator” said Gaby.

“We learned about halves, quarters, thirds. We even spoke about eighths.” Said Jacob

“We worked in teams to split different shapes up into equal parts.” said Shannon.

“The denominator needs to make sure that it splits shapes and numbers into EQUAL parts.” said Kacper.

“We learned that the numerator tells us how many parts are coloured in a fraction.” Said Hannah and Jay.

Next week we will be moving on to how to find out a 1/2 and ¼ of a number.

Mrs Kerr was even pretending to be a robot denominator and numerator. “I will be back next week.” said Mrs Kerr.

Well done to Jan who won this month’s award at our achievements assembly.

Big congratulations to all the primary 4 children who made their Confirmation last Sunday.

Have a lovely weekend!

Primary 3/4 and Mrs Kerr

One thought on “Primary 3/4 News”

1. Firstly, I am very glad that Mrs Kerr *the robot denominator* will be back next week!
    Another class learning about fractions! You sound very knowledgeable boys and girls. An important concept to learn about. I always liked learning about fractions of pizzas and cakes. Maybe I’ll pop with an example!
    #welovefractions!