Our Pirate adventure comes to an end!

This has been a very exciting week in Primary 1D! We have completed our Pirate adventure. Pirate Pete was in touch to tell us he had been caught in a storm and it wrecked it ship but worse than that…someone stole his treasure. We agreed as a class that this was a challenge we wanted to help with. We were very lucky to have our school trip to ‘The Tall Ship’ in Glasgow where we found the treasure. We had lots of fun and were exhausted by the end of the day. Some of our highlights were ringing the bell, scrubbing the deck and hunting for the sleeping cat.

We had to make treasure maps to help us find the treasure. Thankfully we have been learning all about directions in maths so we had a good understanding of where the treasure may be. One of  our favourite activities was listening to instructions and drawing objects in the correct places to complete a picture.

We made a collage of Captain Pete Pigeons ship wreck using a variety of materials. We are very creative in Primary 1D!

We have introduced the daily mile this week at school, even for Primary 1! So far we have managed to get round the track four and a half times in 15 minutes. The full mile requires five laps so we are very close! Are you impressed?

Some of the children’s highlights of the week:

Vanessa – “I liked looking for the treasure.”

Maja – “I like ringing the bell on the Tall Ship.”

Poppy – “I liked the school trip.”

Chloe – “I liked learning about directions and making a treasure map.”

Have a great weekend,

Miss Diamond and Primary 1D

One thought on “Our Pirate adventure comes to an end!”

1. Aw I’m so sad your pirate adventure has come to an end! I have just loved hearing all about it. It looks like you had a great time on your trip, I really enjoyed reading some of your stories in class this week, which told me all about your visit.
    Miss S😀