Nursery News

We would like to say a huge thank you to all the parents and grandparents who attended our skills academy on Thursday evening. It was fantastic to see so many of you and it was great that some of you had the opportunity to attend workshops in the school too!! Thank you for making it such a successful evening. If you were unable to attend and would like the resources that were handed out, we have put extra resource packs in our nursery parents area so please help yourself!

This week we have started our new SPACE topic. All children had the opportunity to plan with us, and their ideas are displayed on our talking trees. Please have a look when you are in the nursery, there are some fantastic ideas!!! The most popular idea was to “build a rocket” so this will be our task next week!! We can’t wait!! Our favourite song this week has been “zoom zoom zoom, we’re going to the moon!” If you would like to hear it please click on the link below……..

A lot of our learning this week has been focused on the outdoors and we have noticed that it is becoming (very slightly) warmer! 😄 We also discovered some early signs of Spring, how exciting!! We will be looking for more signs of Spring next week when it will be the month of March!!! We also have a very special new addition to our nursery garden- our very own little Pond!! A huge thanks to Mrs Hogg for using her super strength to dig a hole for us. We are always trying to think of new ideas to improve our outdoor learning environment so if you have any ideas please let us know.

image

image

Next Thursday 4th March will be World Book Day. This year at nursery we will be having a Pirate theme so all children and staff can come dressed as pirates if they wish! We will be visiting the Primary 1 classrooms for a story time too! We will also be having a pirate breakfast for the AM class and pirate snack for the PM class. Ahoy, me hearties!!!

Finally, we would like to wish you all a wonderful weekend! Please visit our nursery parents Facebook page for lots more photographs from this week.
The Nursery Team 😄

One thought on “Nursery News”

1. What a fantastic week you have had. It was great to see lots of your mums and dads and grandparents join us for the skills academy evening on Thursday!

I must pop down and see this fabulous pond, what an exciting outdoor learning opportunity for you all!

I think your favourite has now become my favourite song, I can’t get it out of my head!

Miss S😀