Primary 5/6 News

This week in P5/6 during topic we worked on our drawing skills by using photographs of Mary Queen of Scots to create our own self -portraits of her.

In maths this week we have been learning more about fractions, how to recognise equivalent fractions and how to subtract fractions. We made fractions posters to put up in our classroom to remind us of our learning about equivalent fractions e.g. 2\6 =1\3. We used our cups again to play fraction subtraction and become confident with addition and subtraction with fractions. In writing we wrote a personal account about what qualities we have that make us good friends. This linked to what we have been learning about Mary Queen of Scots and the friends she had. To help us think of qualities a good friend has, we listened to you’ve got a friend in me and footprints in the sand, we took key words from the lyrics to help us. Today we got a special treat, we got to watch the primary 3 and 4 Burns show. It was fantastic!

By Kaden & Billie

IMG_2805 IMG_2801 IMG_2816

One thought on “Primary 5/6 News”

1. Another busy week in P5/6. It’s great seeing some photos from your class. Could we have more next week too?

Your new topic sounds like it has started well. I can’t wait to see your Talking Book next week.

You’ll need to teach me equivalent fractions when I pop in!