Extraordinary Earth learning in P4!

This week in Primary 4 we have been learning all about Planet Earth. We began the week in a sticky mess as we made papier Mache Planet Earths.

Preston – Firstly we blew up a balloon and then we covered the balloon with PVA/water mix and newspapers. It was a great opportunity and great fun!

Chloe – It was very fun. I enjoyed painting the Planet Earths the best.

Isla – It was Mache-tacular.

We have been exploring living, non living and never lived things.

Thomas – I know that a knife and fork has never lived because it is made from metal.

Beth – I know books are non-living now because they are made from trees but the tree has been chopped down and no longer lives.

Taylor – I know that a tree is a living thing because it grows and it needs water.

For writing this week we wrote a special letter to John Lewis to tell him what we thought about the advert “The Man on the Moon!” Lewis – I thought the advert was good because it was very emotional. Have a look at the advert for yourself! Here is the link;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuz2ILq4UeA

This week we had a special visit from SPCA. We learned that SPCA stands for Scottish Prevention Cruelty for Animals. Siobhan told us how we can keep animals safe. She shared some of her stories about rescuing animals. She brought some of the equipment that she uses to rescue animals. We had great fun using the equipment and trying some of it on. Here are some pictures. (more to follow)

bea

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend to rest and be prepared for lots of hard work next week.

Mrs W and P4

One thought on “Extraordinary Earth learning in P4!”

1. Beth really enjoyed making her living and non living things PowerPoint for her homework. She also enjoyed the papier mache activity, we haven’t done this at home before!
    Can’t count how many times she has now watched the John Lewis advert, she loves it! I wonder if you will get a return letter?!