St Anthony's Primary School Blog

Day 3 St Anthony’s Summer Reading challenge! 24th June ’20

Welcome St Anthony’s pupils and parents! A huge thank you to all of you who shared photos and videos of you looking all cosy in your fantastic reading dens! I heard some fabulous reading too! It makes me so excited to think of you all reading so much! Let’s keep it up all summer! 

Be prepared to laugh today!

Today’s challenge is to read and  listen to the one and only Michael Rosen’s poems and stories and tell me which one is your favourite. I have added a survey for you to complete, once you have read and listened to all the poems and stories added here today, or maybe you can tell us about a favourite one you have of your own?

Click here to find lots of Michael Rosen poems and stories.

Michael Rosen poems (1)

Michael Rosen

We’re Going on a Bear Hunt

Chocolate Cake

NO BREATHING

The Rosen Rap

Hot Food 

Here is a link to see more of Micheal Rosen during authors live.  You will get to find out a bit more about him and why he loves writing and performing  poetry.

https://www.scottishbooktrust.com/authors-live-on-demand/celebrating-10-years-of-authors-live-with-michael-rosen-and-tanya-roberts

Now you can click the link below to complete the survey, telling me which of these is your favourite or tell of any other one of Rosen’s poems you love! You may need to ask your parent to help you.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FNRQZXZ

HERE IS THE REALLY FUN PART! I would love to hear your Michael Rosen impersonation! All of the children I have taught before love to have a go in class and we find it really fun! Post yourself on twitter or team making the funniest Michael Rosen noises and expressions.  You could also tell us what poem or story you love best! This will be such a fun way to end our last week of school and remind us what fun it is to be in school.

Can you swishy swashy, like Michael does in Bear Hunt,  MMMmmm with delight like Michael does eating chocolate cake or perform the Rosen rap? Come on kids let’s see you! Post your video on the blog, on teams or on the school twitter!

I hope you love Michael Rosen as much as I do! Maybe this will inspire you to read more poetry! Check out this link to read more poetry during lock down. Enjoy!

https://booksfromscotland.com/2020/05/stay-at-home-poems-and-prose-for-children-in-lockdown/

Thank you for taking part in our Summer Reading challenge! The Scottish Book Trust will be looking at us sharing our reading with others, so keep posting on twitter all the great reading activities you have been doing and maybe we will get that silver award! 

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow and I can’t wait for you to see the exciting debut video of the real life Katie Morag – especially filmed for St Anthony’s school!

Keep reading St Anthony’s Summer Reading Challenge Champs!

Mrs Llaza x