St Anthony's Primary School Blog

Spring Walks – Primary 1

Hello again Primary 1,

I have always had a love for all things in nature but during this period of lock down it has really encouraged me appreciate the wonders of nature even more.

When out my daily walks I have been observing the small changes that have been happening  to the trees and the plants and I am finally noticing more and more signs of spring every day. Have you been noticing these changes?

I’m very fortunate to live near a forest where a family of deer live and I love trying to spot them when I go out. Yesterday when out a cycle I spotted some very cute signs of spring in the form of lambs and calves. So I thought I would share these with you.

I love this one of the mother sheep watching over her lambs as they sleep.

If you are fortunate enough to spot animals when you are out your daily walks, always be still and quiet because they will be very frightened if you make lots of noise or go too close to them. Remember that forests and farm lands are animals homes so when you are visiting please look after these areas like you would your own home.

Please keep me posted if you spot anything interesting or beautiful when out on your daily adventures.

Best Wishes,

Miss Sloan