Love to Ride Cycling September

Hi

Please see email below from Wendy from Transition Linlithgow. I have registered Springfield Primary with Love to Ride Challenge for the month of September. Please sign up and log any cycle rides long or short and see your achievements and health improving!

If you need a bike I have six that families have kindly donated to hire out for a small donation. These have been taken to the Bike Library in Livingston to repair and are now ready to go on the road or a quieter path. Please contact me at louise.mcalpine@westlothian.org.uk if you need any more information.

Kind Regards

Mrs Louise McAlpine

Hello,

My name’s Wendy and I’m emailing from Transition Linlithgow.  The reason for my email is that we are organising the Linlithgow Challenge – a fun and friendly cycle challenge happening in September that isn’t about cycling as many miles as possible, but encouraging as many people to cycle as possible for just 10 minutes or more.

Every time you log a trip in September you get entered into a draw to win one of our many great prizes (including a new bike), and anyone who encourages someone else to ride a bike also gets additional entries into the prize draw.  What’s more, community groups can take part and compete against other groups and workplaces of a similar size to see who can get the most people cycling.

Entrance and participation is completely free of charge, and for more details, and to register please go to our Linlithgow Challenge website: https://www.lovetoride.net/linlithgowchallenge

www.lovetoride.net
Love to Ride is all about getting more people enjoying and discovering how easy and fun riding a bike can be. Whether you ride all the time, or you’re new to riding, join the Love to Ride community, help grow cycling, make our neighborhoods more bike friendly, have some fun with your friends and win some great prizes.

We can also help and support your group to promote all forms of active travel (not just cycling) – and have lots of services on offer. From free personalised travel planning, to free fuel efficient driver training, to route advice, maps, car sharing, bike maintenance and more.  We also have a small fleet of electric bikes available for free hire at the end of August.

If you can share the Challenge with group members that would be brilliant – it would be great to see your group taking part in the Challenge.  If you have any problems signing up do let me know.

Additionally, if there’s any way we can help promote active travel within your group, e.g. me giving a short talk to group members about the services we offer, an e-bike taster session, to even helping to organise car-sharing to group meetings, then do let me know as I’d be delighted to help.

Kind regards,

Wendy

Wendy Graham
Travel Project Organiser
Working Days: Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays

Transition Linlithgow SCIO
Unit-5 Braehead Business Units
Braehead Road
Linlithgow
West Lothian EH49 6EP

Tel:
e: travel@transitionlinlithgow.org.uk
w: www.transitionlinlithgow.org.uk