Anytime Anywhere Learning is coming to Mid Calder!

This week the Pupil Council and Technical Troopers took part in some very exciting discussions about Anytime Anywhere Learning (AAL). AAL is when we have a wifi network where we can connect handheld devices to the internet. The first stage of AAL is when we connect our in school devices such as iPads to the network, the second stage is bring your own device (BYOD) that is when we have the opportunity to bring our own devices into school.

We are currently at stage one.

The Pupil Council and Technical Troopers have a lot of research to do before we are allowed to bring our own device to school, this will begin will a consultation with pupils and parents … so watch this space!

This week during our Junior Leadership Team meeting we discussed the benefits and issues of bring your own device. Next time we will look at the issues and see if we can think of solutions. If you have any thoughts on bring your own device please leave a comment below.

One thought on “Anytime Anywhere Learning is coming to Mid Calder!”

1. I am excited to hear about your journey into using personal devices in learning. I know we have to think about problems we might have but I can’t wait to hear about the possibilities to see too. Keep the posts coming Mid Calder pupils. Sounds like you just might shake up learning 🙂