The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Primary 5 Update!

| 1 Comment

This week primary 5 have continued with their topic on Mary, Queen of Scots.  As a home-learning project, we had to create a fact-file on an aspect of our topic which interested us.  The factfiles were fabulous!  They ranged from life in a castle, Mary’s life story, the castles Mary lived in and Mary’s husbands.  Choosing a winner was too difficult for Miss Thomson, so she entrusted this task to Mrs Shankland.  Mrs Shankland was also impressed with the effort and work that had been put in, but eventually chose a winner….  Dillon!!  Dillon’s factfile included photos of him visiting castles Mary had lived in – even rowing a boat out to her prison on Loch Leven island.  Well done, Dillon!

This is what Primary 5 have to say:

“I am enjoying writing my Secret Panel story because it’s fun and you get to type it up on the laptop!”  Callum

“I enjoyed kick rounders because I like learning new things and it’s a fun game!”  Lewis H

“I liked making the castle maps as I thought it was fun using my creativity.  I also enjoyed making our castle kitchen but it was pretty hard to cut it out just perfect.”  Amy C

” I liked doing our Mary Queen of Scots portraits because we got to mix the colours to make new shades.  I’ve also liked turning the classroom into a castle as it’s fun and we all worked as a team!”  Ruby

“I liked making our factfiles because I put a lot of effort into mine and it was really good!  I also enjoyed making our newspaper reports about who murdered Lord Darnley as we don’t know who killed him – and it’s still a mystery today.”  Emilie

“I really liked typing up my Secret Panel story as it’s fun adding big words to it!”  Emma

“I liked maths because we are doing fractions and some are quite easy and some are quite tricky!”  Kasey

“I liked doing my Mary Queen of Scots portraits as we used a kind of grid to draw the face.”  Matthew

Another busy week of learning, Primary 5!  Well done!

One Comment