The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Update from Primary 1

This week our main focus has been on our Nativity which we hope everyone enjoyed.

We discussed our favourite parts and here are what some children thought:

Libby (The Donkey) said “I liked when I went to the front of the stage to help Joseph to Bethlehem.”

Lyall (A Shepherd) said “I liked singing. My favourite song was Mary’s Angel.”

Lillie (Mary) said “I liked being Mary.”

Andrew (The Soldier) “I liked singing Away in a Manger.”

Jonathan (Sidney the shepherd) said “I liked cutting the sheep.”

Lucy C (Star) said “I liked when Sidney cut the sheep.”

Tyler (A cow) said “I liked the singing.”

In Maths we began to learn about symmetry which we all enjoyed. We will begin to create our own symmetrical pictures next week.

In Health and Wellbeing, we learnt that people are different and that is okay. We did this by answering questions about ourselves and using certain colour to colour in teddy bears so we could see the differences we all have.

We had visitors arrive this week, Jingle and Tinsel (Santa’s Elves) who started by creating mischief and now we need to find them every morning in different area of the classroom.

The Christmas Craft afternoon will not be until the 18th December because of other events.  If you can make it, it would be lovely to see you.