The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Primary 6/5

| 1 Comment

We have continued looking at poetry this week with a focus on shape poetry. We thought about the 5 senses to inspire us to come up with similes, adjectives and metaphors in our Bonfire Night poem. They look great!

We looked at examples of similes, metaphors and adjectives and sorted them into groups. We know a simile has ‘like’ or ‘as’ to compare two things to make our writing more interesting. A metaphor does the same thing but doesn’t use ‘like’ or ‘as’.

Maths

We have been learning our 3, 4 and 8 times table. We’ve been learning in different ways. Mrs Thomson wrote the stations of each times table and we had to shout them out. As we got better, she rubbed them off the board and we had to remember them. We had a colouring by numbers Bonfire Night sheet where we had to answer the question and colour the squares the right colour to reveal the picture. We played lots of games, like Multiple Frenzy, on the smart board to help us improve.

Highlights

Justin – I enjoyed learning to pass in rugby. I know that we can’t pass forwards in a game.

Dillon – I enjoyed making the Black Houses as part of our Highland Clearances topic.

Joshua – I enjoyed making our shape poems

Lewis H – I enjoyed watching the Primary 1’s assembly.

Gemma – I enjoyed doing our multiplication colouring sheet.

Maddison – I enjoyed doing our healthy eating challenge. Everybody did really well!

One Comment