The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

P7 Update – Week 4

| 1 Comment

Maths Week Scotland

This week we celebrated maths with visitors, munchies and lots of maths activities.

Our Busy Start involved solving countdown style problems, playing mental maths bingo and working our problems from The Daily Rigour.  On Wednesday we even had some munchies (fruits and chocolate biscuits) with our maths.

We were very lucky to have Mr Boyle, one of the Maths teachers from Broxburn Academy, do some problem solving with us.  We had to work out the best deals for many products.  Morgan did very well at using strategies to solve the problems and was our Pupil of the Week.

In other areas of the curriculum, we had a visitor from the Social Subjects department at Broxburn Academy, Miss Eastwood!  She came to meet us and we got to ask her some burning questions about the academy.  We also started looking at our aspirations for the future.  We have children that want to be doctors, footballers and police officers! We want to learn to drive and lots of us want good grades to go to college or university to get our dream jobs!

Thoughts for the Week

“I enjoyed doing our aspirations” – Murrin

“I enjoyed having Mr Boyle teach us Maths” – Morgan

“I liked Meet The Teacher” – Toby

“I loved playing maths bingo” – Nicole

“I liked having a shot of the VR at Meet The Teacher” – Rachael

Have a great holiday weekend – we will see you Wednesday!

Miss Sutherland 🙂

One Comment