The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Another busy week!

This week we’ve been very busy in our learning – and missing our work on the show!

We started our new topic of Disgusting Digestion and have been learning the correct names for all the body organs involved, as well as their function in the process of digestion.  Why don’t you ask us about them?  We have started work in groups to produce an interactive lift-the-flap display so that we can share our new knowledge with others.

We enjoyed World Book Day and lots of us were able to come dressed up as characters from some well-loved books.  It was great seeing everyone in costume.  In class we made bunting about our favourite books, brewed our own frobscottle (though we didn’t make the bubbles go down – we wanted to avoid any whizzpoppers!) and wrote letters to our favourite authors.

We had a great session of Taiko drumming where we learned some actions as well as our chants and beats.  We were excited to find out we will be rapping in the performance!

This week we thought:

‘I enjoyed making lots of frobscottle because it actually looked like the bubbles were going down’ Amy C

‘This week I enjoyed dressing up and making the flags of our favourite book characters’ Ruby

‘I enjoyed World Book Day’ Emilie

‘I enjoyed doing the digestion lessons because we learned all about the body parts’ Lewis D

‘I liked World Book Day because Miss Thomson dressed up as Miss Trunchbull from Matilda’ Emily-L

‘I enjoyed dressing up for World Book Day’ Emma

‘I enjoyed drinking the frobscottle’ Dillon

‘I liked playing football outside’ Zach

Photos to follow! Have a great weekend!