The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

Welcome to the hedgehogs!

The new group has started in the Treehouse with children from P1 and P2/1. This group are called the Hedgehogs.

We have been learning the routine and setting up our class charter. Final photo to follow shortly.

One of the big things about being in Treehouse is trying new things. During snack we do this by having ‘tongue tasting’. This means that everyone needs to try everything we eat with the tongue to check if they like it or not. Then if you like it you have a ‘wee nibble’ and then if you still like it you can eat it all up.

No one is ever forced to eat it if they don’t like it but it’s a good way to encourage trying new tastes and revisiting one we think we don’t like.

Two weeks ago we all tried oranges and this week we all tried pineapple.

Well done to this weeks tongue tasters. Here’s what they said. On both occasions most of the children who initially said they didn’t like it changed their minds.

Lucas P1 – I don’t like it…oh wait…it is yummy.

Paige P1 – I’ve not tried it before. It’s good.

Reiley P2/1 – It’s super dooper yummy.

Jayden P2/1 – I don’t like it.

Taylor-Jack P2/1- I didn’t like it when I got it ages ago but I like it now.

Look out for tongue taster certificates to let you know what they tried and what they said.

Miss Harvey, Mrs Paul, Mrs Featherstone and the Hedgehogs.