The Kirkhill Chatter

Kirkhill Nursery and Primary School, Rashierig, Broxburn, West Lothian, EH52 6AW

| 1 Comment

What a busy week in P1D.

We have found out the letters we have been getting are not from Katie in P7 after we asked her. Hopefully we will find out what Katie is sending us these letters.
We started our week with lots of excitement. We had snow in our classroom and we described it. We came up with so many words and Miss Dunn was really pleased. We wrote a sentence about the snow using some of these words. Everyone guessed when the snow might melt by. Some people thought it would take until the weekend, playtime or lunchtime to all melt. The people who said lunch were right. We all then discussed what made snow melt. Do you know?
Bagpuss had a really exciting weekend in the snow with Arran MacMillan.  I think Bagpuss enjoys all his exciting adventures.
We got a letter from Katie and our task this week was to use maps. In our class we have all been able to use simple maps and create our own maps.
With Mrs Reid we all made bird food and made a lovely display with our robins we made. We have been learning about what we can do to help birds and have all taken our bird food home and even put some bird food in the school garden. We hope the birds like the food.
Our wall of great work outside our classroom is looking fantastic with lots of fantastic work being put on the washing line each week.
In numeracy we have been learning about symmetry and made our own symmetrical pictures.
We all recited our poems this week in class and Miss Dunn called us all stars for the hard work we put into our poems. Mrs Reid and Miss Dunn found it so hard to pick 3 people to go forward to the judging panel next week. The 3 people from P1D who will go forward are – Lucas, Chloe and Cadence. We are excited to find out who will be the person from our class in the school final.
Our pupil of the week is Mason. He is pupil of the week for his fantastic symmetrical picture of a house he completed. This work is on our great work wall outside our classroom door for everyone to see.
Some thoughts from our week –
• “I liked doing a symmetry face from playdough” – Chloe
• “I liked making bird cake” – Alan
• “I liked making bird cake because it was fun” – Tiana
• “I liked having Bagpuss because it was so much fun having him” – Arran Macmillan
• “I liked playing darts because it was fun” – Teigan
• “I liked writing poems in a group about Winter” – Arran Barrie
• “ I liked learning about what symmetrical means” – Cadence
• “I liked saying my poem” – Lucas

Have a fantastic weekend!

One Comment