Limelight Music.

Morning preschool children have been participating in the fantastic Limelight Music sessions over a 12 week block………

“The sessions will be practical and the tale will evolve chapter by chapter each day, taking the children further into the world of our hero Manju. The stories will focus on this young East African boy who by use of a magic drum can travel across the world and through time. In this exciting series of adventures Manju meets other children and through creative use of musical instruments stories and movement, the project inspires the children, teachers and parents while enhancing the children’s musical experience and engaging with their social development. The Manju story series contains multisensory musical stories about feelings, role play and improvisation. Stories designed to encourage flexible thinking, creativity and metarepresentation i.e. the ability to think about one’s own thoughts and feelings. This context also allows staff to introduce and develop knowledge and understanding of aspects of global citizenship for nursery children. This is an important interdisciplinary strand within Curriculum for Excellence.”

EXA0-1A Participation in performances and presentations
EXA0-16A experience a range of styles and cultures
EXA0-17A Voice, musical instruments for sound, pitch, rhythm & dynamics
EXA0-18A work on own and with others to express and communicate thoughts, ideas and feelings through musical activities
EXA0-19A Respond through discussion thoughts and feelings from listening to music

Ella “I like when you sing a song and jump.”

Finlay “I liked when we went through the Halloween town. Banging the drums made me happy.”

Rogan “We play the drums and sing songs and shake our hands and do jumping up and down. It’s good. Fletcher and Gordon are a bit silly. Fletcher is the silliest. I really like it when Fletcher shouts stop really loudly.”

Sophia “Music time is good. I like the story. Gordon told the story. On your bum on your tum Fletcher sings.”

Ethan “I like the stories when the little birdy got his nest blown away. On your bum, on your tum is the funny song. Fletcher, Gordon and Joseph are there”.

Christie “You do stuff at music time. You jump and you say low low low. You do stories. Fletcher is funny. Gordon plays the banjo. Joseph plays the banjo. I like the stories when the boy found a drum and then he flew to the other island and the animals helped him get to the hospital. Music time makes me feel good.”

Katie “I like music time when we go round the circle. I like the balloon bit. It was great fun.

Kyla “Fletcher does funny things and tells stories. Gordon has the mouse. I listen at music time. We blow the balloons.”

Diarmid “We dance at music time and sing and play games and read stories. Fletcher plays silly games. Gordon plays the guitar. Jason plays the keyboard and Joseph plays the guitar. Music time makes me excited.”

Ollie “We just dance. I like blowing the balloons.”

Julia Z “I like to sing songs.”

Nadia “I like to jump up and down and copy the lady. I like to sing songs with the lady.”

Thank you Fletcher, Gordon and Joseph, we have had a super time!

https://youtu.be/I7vjZ01-7yk

We would like to share our learning near and far and encourage readers to come to our blog. Please don’t share pictures and videos from our blog but instead share a link to our blog and bring your friends and family to us.