Please find attached additional activities which can be done at home. Many of these require little or no preparation whilst others are free-to-use internet access.
This document, as the title implies, provides simple activities and challenges (bundled into curricular areas) without the need for much preparation.
This is a list of everyone’s favourite online learning resources. Most of these are free to access, but where there is a premium option or registration is required this is noted.
Without a doubt there will be some children loving the idea of doing schoolwork at home whilst, for others, they may not share their enthusiasm. Therefore, this document provides a list of different YouTube learning activities such as:
- The Numberblocks channel – this has lots of great videos to help younger children learn about numbers, addition and subtraction.
- SciShow Kids has a wide range of Science videos that answer different questions about the world.
- Science Max carries out huge science experiments. Could your children try similar experiments, but on a smaller scale, at home?
This site has a comprehensive range of activities for children of all ages. Many are free, some have a trial period whilst others may require the app to be downloaded. Some of the activities children can investigate are:
- Coding, Digital and Technical Challenges;
- Arts & Crafts;
- Health and Mindfulness;
- Literacy, Spelling and Writing activities;
- Numeracy and Mathematics;
- Nature and Science;
- Virtual Tours;
- Webcam footage from zoos around the world;
May we take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support and we will continue to provide all available support to your child and family throughout this extremely challenging period.
Bellsquarry Primary School Staff