We’re all getting used to working in new ways away from our usual classrooms, but we can still have fun making music together.
What to do today
Please join in with the activities below. The more who can join in, the more fun, too. Do the activities as many times as you like.
Activities (links below)
- Hello song
- Bounce and catch. You’ll need a ball for this.
- Tap and clap along to Cho-co-la-te. Maybe someone can help you clap or tap.
- Watch this video and clap and tap along to the sounds.
- Play the video again, but this time play along with some instruments – if you don’t have any, see what you can find around you that can make a good sound. We will look at some simple home made instruments later in the week.
- Time to dance! Electroswing -Lost in the Rhythm, Jamie Berry Feat. Octavia Rose. Can you move your feet, arms and hands to the music like the dancer? Or maybe someone can tap your feet and arms in time to the music. You can play your instruments too if you like, or get scarf to play with.
- And now, time to chill. Here’s another piece of music by the French composer Erik Satie. It was originally for piano, but suits the guitar as well. You may want to play it more than once.
- Goodbye Song. Time to say goodbye! Thank you for your music. Hope you had some fun, see you all next time!
Click and scroll down to see the video