P6/7-What We Have Been Learning This Week

Writing

In writing we have been writing horror stories with Mrs. Sneddon like: Bettie And Timothy, The Tank and The Strike Of Lightning (By Adam, Alfred and Holly).

Spelling

In spelling we have been creating christmas word searches and crosswords.

Mathematics

In mathematics we are learning about exchange rates and coordinates.

Today ( 18.12.18)

We did the church Christmas service and Alfred Muir did a lesson of his own about reaction times.

P3/4 – Christmas around the world

In P3/4 we  have been working in groups to research “Christmas around the world.” We have been applying our communication and teamwork skills to create a poster and presentation on a group selected country. We investigated the traditions and foods associated with our chosen country at Christmas time and also found out about the weather and flag of the country.

Layla – I think it’s really fun because we get to make powerpoints and posters and add lots of colour. I get to practise and develop my ICT skills.

Libby – I think it’s good because we learn about other countries and how they celebrate Christmas and we get to work on our ICT skills.

Charlie – We have been learning about how they celebrate Christmas in Brazil. Instead of Santa they have Papa Noel. We have been using Google to search for facts and then transferring them onto another laptop to use in a powerpoint.

Samuel – We have been researching about Christmas in Argentina and we found out that they have Papa Noel instead of Santa. We also discovered that some people have Christmas trees and some people don’t. We had to use our reading, spelling and ICT skills to help us complete the task.

We created Advent wreaths in groups using limited resources. We had to apply problem solving skills to investigate the best method to construct the final product.