Primary 4 News

We have had a busy and exciting week this week and have all been working hard in primary four.

Some of our highlights this week were: on Tuesday we had visitors from the Royal Bank of Scotland to do money workshops which was great fun.  Then we had our joint school ceilidh on Wednesday night and also really enjoyed the glow disco organised by the Junior Road Safety officers today!

Here are some photographs from this week:

On Monday, in writing we learned about the features of Cinquain poems and wrote our own Cinquain poem about Burns Night. We then redrafted our poems and designed our own tartan for a background and these are going to be displayed in the school.

Today, we have been focusing on how we can improve our sentences in writing by using different types of connectives, including complex connectives. We  worked together with a partner to write examples of good sentences using connectives and have added these to our writing wall.

Here are our class reflections on the week:

“I liked working out how much change you should get back when you buy something in a shop in Maths” –Jay

“I enjoyed reading Superworm with Jemma and blurb” –Jaymee-Leigh

“I liked adding together hundred numbers” –Alesha

“I enjoyed when the Royal Bank of Scotland came in and we learned about money and wants and needs” –Daniel

“I enjoyed the glow disco” –Darryl

“I liked practising writing sentences in handwriting” –Jack

“I loved practising writing sentences using complex connectives” –Rachel

“At the Glow Disco I learned if you are in the dark you need to wear something bright and shiny” –Alex

“I enjoyed writing Cinquain poems about Robert Burns” –Michael