Busy, busy,busy!

What a hectic week Primary 7 have had, and it started before school did, on Sunday afternoon. Our choir were singing as the Christmas tree lights were turned on at the village tree as part of the Santa Parade! It was a freezing cold afternoon but our singing warmed everyone up!

On Monday evening we had a repeat performance when we sang again, this time for pensioners at their special Christmas dinner in the Community Centre. This time we sang all of our songs. All the pensioners were pleased to see us and clapped and sang along with the songs they knew.

Tuesday was the infants nativity play, some of us were helping them being the hosts,  stage hands and even sound engineers! The rest of us sang our class song “Somewhere only we know”. At the evening performance our choir sang all our pieces again (except for “Somewhere only we know”). It was an amazing evening. The wee ones were brilliant in “Lights, Camel, Action!”

We sang as a choir one more time when a cameraman came from the council to film us singing two of our songs. We chose “Unto us a child is born” and “Away in a manger”. Then we all had to shout out Christmas greetings to everyone! Our performance can be seen on the council website.

As well as all of this, we continued with our class work. Our Maths took on a Christmassy  theme, with timetables to be completed for feeding Santa’s reindeer, and problems to be solved using a grid to arrange baubles is a certain way, and working from a given budget to arrange Christmas. We managed in amongst all of the busyness to continue with our reading and do some vocabulary work.

On Wednesday we all visited the panto in the Regal Theatre in Bathgate and had a great time..Wow! What a busy week we have had!!

“I really enjoyed performing with the choir in all the places. I had a solo to sing so I was nervous but excited too!” – Erin

“It was great seeing everyone in their Christmas jumpers on Friday!” – Brad

“I got a shout out at the Panto because my Mum’s friend’s daughter was the magic mirror” – Leah

“I loved the panto, it was great, really funny with good actors, dancing and singing” – Kieran Mc

“My favourite part of the panto was the last song “I’m a Believer”, when we were all up joining in the singing and dancing!” – Katie

“I thought the wee ones nativity was brilliant, it’s the best one there’s been” – Sarah

“I really liked helping at the nativity, I was in charge of the sound!” – Brad

“I liked singing at the pensioners’ dinner. They were all smiling and enjoying our singing!” – Matthew

“Even with all the singing we had already done, I liked singing our own song in front of the parents at the nativity” – Sarah

“I really enjoyed helping the wee ones with their nativity and watching it all come together!” – Natasha

“I liked singing at the Santa parade when the tree lights were turned on, and the Chinese lanterns lit and let go!” – Robbie G

“Gym with Mr Tennant is really fun just now. Today we were learning how to do “Strip the Willow!” it was exhausting but fun!”-  Leah