Kirknewton Primary School

Welcome Back Primary 5!

Hi there everyone! 

It’s been a long time in coming but at long last we can return to school. I hope that you hav all had an amazing summer and that you are looking forward to coming back. Mrs Bird and I are excited about teaching you this session and are really looking forward to getting to know you all and working with you. I will be teaching the class on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Mrs Bird will be with you on Thursdays and Fridays, so she’ll be there this week when you return. I look forward to seeing you all on Monday. Please, leave me a message in the comments box if you would like to send me one. You could  let me know how your first day of (actual) school went seeing as I couldn’t be there 🙁.

Here are a few little tasks for you complete at home today, your first official day back!

Task 1

Who Am I?

In a jotter or on paper write some clues to describe a noun.

eg. I am red with black spots. I have six legs. I have two antennae. What am I?

This is an easy example. You can make them as tricky as you wish. Once you have done a few common nous you could try famous people or places. Try them out on someone at home.

Task 2

Let’s Draw

Draw or paint a picture that represents something good that you have experienced over the Summer. Show it to someone and talk about it. What were you doing? How did you feel?

Task 3

Science

Mr Buckley has sent in a science experiment for you to try. Have a go and see how you get on! See below.

Task 4

French

Username and password was sent to you during lockdown,
  • Enter password and access student area
  • Select Elementary
  • Click on the French Flag
  • Select Couleurs
    -Complete Introduction to revise French colours
    -Play Jeu 1 (Game 1)
  • Try the worksheets below. You can print them off or copy onto paper.

French Worksheet: Colours

Task 5
Time to Relax
Try out the relaxation video below.
That’s all for now. I hope that you have a great time at school for the rest of the week and I look forward to seeing you on Monday. Remember you can send me a message if you wish.
Mrs Kendall

One Comment

1. Leave Comments here