Kirknewton Primary School

Friday 26.6.20 – Primary 1

Good Morning Primary 1!

I cannot believe it is the last day of Primary 1 already!  I’m really sad that I don’t get to say goodbye to you all in person so I have recorded a special message for you all.

As it is the last day of term I am not setting any formal learning but below are some tasks that you could complete today if you would like to:

• Complete your transition tasks from yesterday (see link below)

Thursday 25.6.20 – Primary 1

• Remember – today is Free Writing Friday!
    1. Find a quiet space to sit and write comfortably and safely.
    2. Set a timer or music to listen to (15 minutes can often be too long for Primary 1 – I would recommend 8 – 10 minutes).
    3. Sit quietly – Listen to music and draw what you would like.  It could be a picture of how you are feeling, something that you have learned about or that you are looking forward to.  Try to write some words or sentences about the picture that you have drawn.  Below is a link to some relaxing butterfly clips and music that you could use if you wish

• Watch the final whole school assembly with Mrs Murphy.

I wonder if you can spot the special guest appearance at the end!

• To-do list – I really hope that your summer is fun and relaxing but below are some optional tasks that you could do to keep yourself busy if you need to:

cfe-t-2546655-summer-themed-cfe-homework-grid       Homework Resource Guidance

You could also make a Summer to – do list and think about all the things you want to achieve this summer

T-C-7344A-Summer-Holiday-Bucket-List-Black-and-White

• Printable Activities – Or if you need something to keep you busy and you have a printer – download and print one of these summer booklets:

t-tp-69816-eyfs-summer-themed-end-of-year-activity-booklet

summer-activity-booklet

Parents/Carers – Please do not feel like you need to complete any of these tasks during the Summer holidays.  I have provided them only for those who want to use them!

To finish, I’m going to read another story by Linda Kranz – You be you.
Please remember to always be you Primary 1 –  You are amazing!

I hope that you have a wonderful summer.  Please take care, stay safe and I’ll see in in Primary 2

Ms Payne

1. Hi Ms Payne,

Thank you for your message and the lovely story. It was so nice to see you and your doggies.

You made my P1 experience very special, thank you for being my teacher, you have taught me so much 🙂

Have a lovely summer and stay safe, I look forward to seeing you back at school in August.

Update on my beanstalk, so I picked 6 beans from it which I ate last night, I will continue to look after it.

Lots of love Myla xx

2. Hi Ms Payne,

Thank you so much for being my teacher this year, I have really enjoyed Primary 1. I hope you have a lovely summer and I look forward to seeing you when we get back to school :-). Thank you so much for my present with the report card yesterday!

I had my birthday this week on the 22nd June and I’m excited that I’m now 6 years old.

Lots of Love
    Charlotte xxxxxx

3. Hi Myla
    Well done for looking after your beanstalk so well – the extra class ones are beginning to have bean pods too so I have been very excited! Thank you for your kind message – It has been a pleasure to have you in my class this year.
    Have a great summer, stay safe and I will see you in Primary 2.

4. Hi Charlotte.
    I hope that you had a wonderful birthday – I cannot believe that you are 6 already! I’m glad that you like your minibeast hunter set and I am sure you will put it to good use. Thank you for being in my class – It been lovely to see all the progress that you have made this year! See you in August when you are a big Primary 2!

5. Hi Primary 1,

Well here we are at the end of your first year at school. It has been a pleasure working with you all this year. It has been brilliant. Hope you and your families have a fantastic summer and I look forward to seeing you back at school in August.

Take care

Mrs Walkingshaw