Kirknewton Primary School

Tuesday 16.6.20 – Primary 1

Welcome all  It is Mrs Brockbank. I am going to be your teacher for 2 more days and I am planning this work on the hottest day of the year so I hope you have been enjoying the sunshine. Remember to take lots of breaks outside and drink lots.

Activity 1- Maths.

We are going to be thinking about time. I know some days I cannot remember what day it is. There is Tuesday, Sunday, Thursday, Monday, Saturday, Wednesday and Friday. Now cut up 7 pieces of paper, write Thursday on one and the rest of the days on the other pieces. Can you order them correctly? Please colour each day a different colour.  Now put the day it is today at the beginning and order them again.

Activity 2- Language.

Choose a book that you particularly like (my favourite is Dogger by Shirley Hughes). Write the title of the book, find the author and the illustrator. Draw the front cover and add these details to it.

Activity 3 –Outdoor learning

If you have a hoop place it on a piece of grass or garden ( if you do not have a hoop you could make one with a piece of rope or string or ask an adult for a large plate) Now guess the number of daisies , flowers or weeds in that circle and then count them. Do this a few times moving the circle each time. Where is the best place to grow things? What makes you think that?

Activity 4-Health and Wellbeing.

When you are looking at these activities you will be almost finished Primary 1 and you will almost be BIG primary 2’s. Can you think of 2 things that helped you in P1 (I think I can guess that one of the things would be Miss Payne so try and think of 2 others) and draw a picture of them and if you can write a short sentence to explain the picture it is okay to get some help. We will try to pass these onto  the new Primary 1’s.  Now repeat this but this time draw 1 thing that worries you about going into P2.

Bye for today from Mrs B.