Kirknewton Primary School

Friday 12.6.20 – Primary 1

Good morning Primary 1 – It’s Friday again!

Thank you for all the lovely pictures that have been sent in to me this week – It really makes me smile to see all the wonderful learning that you are doing at home!

Here are your learning activities for today:

Mathematics:  This morning we are going to learn more about time.

Why do you think it is important to learn about time? Tell an adult or older sibling.

There are lot’s of different ways to measure time – Have a look at this PowerPoint to find out more:

t-n-2546229-different-ways-to-tell-the-time-powerpoint-_ver_1

Today we are going to learn more about analogue clocks – here is a short song to help to remind you about them:

Analogue clocks usually have a round face and 2 hands.  The big hand shows minutes and the little hand shows the hours.

Here are some tasks that you could try at home.  Please remember that you don’t have to do all the activities – just try one or two:

• Time PowerPoint – work through this time PowerPoint t-n-7132-telling-the-time-powerpoint- with an adult or older sibling.
  • Drawing times – The hands have fallen off of my clock faces.  Can you put them back on to make the correct time? – analogue-time-oclock-activity-sheet-super-eco-black-and-white_ver_1
  • Make an analogue clock face – Use resources that you have around you house or in your outside environment to make a clock face.  Here are some pictures to give you ideas or you could print and cut out the template below:

make-a-clock-face-activity-straight-1-4-and-9_ver_3

What o’clock times can you make?

https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=matchingpairstimev3

https://www.splashlearn.com/time-games

http://www.ictgames.com/mobilePage/clock/index.html

Literacy:

Today is Free Writing Friday!

1. Find a quiet space to sit and write comfortably and safely.
  2. Set a timer or music to listen to (15 minutes can often be too long for Primary 1 – I would recommend 8 – 10 minutes).
  3. Sit quietly – Listen to music and draw what you would like.  It could be a picture of how you are feeling, something that you have learned about or that you are looking forward to.  Try to write some words or sentences about the picture that you have drawn.  Below is a link to an on-line timer that we have used in school.

Or if you would like to try something different:

As a whole school we have been learning about Equalities.  Here we have talked about the differences between people and learning more about people’s lives, ideas and views.  Recently we began a topic about Racism and talked about things that were fair or unfair.  Below is a story about a lady called Rosa Parks Which is written by Lisbeth Kaiser.

In your home learning jotter draw a picture of Rosa Parks and write a sentence about who she is.  Or you could download and colour this picture of her – rosa-parks-coloring_LOSUA.

Some information about next week:

Mrs Brockbank will be setting your learning tasks next Tuesday and Wednesday  (Tuesday 16.6.20/Wednesday 17.6.20) while I complete some other tasks.  I will still be checking my emails regularly and will be back on Thursday morning for more learning activities.

I hope that you have a lovely weekend and I will see you back here on Monday!

Ms Payne