Good Morning Primary 1. I hope that you have …
Here are your learning tasks for today:
This week we are going to look at a different way to make the ai sound.
This is another long sound which can be made in different ways. Our sound this week is made using the letters a and y – ay.
Here are some activities to try at home:
- Online – There is a phonics task ready for you on Active Learn (BugClub). This will allow you to learn the sound and practice making words.
- Independent tasks – All – In your jotter write 5 ay words and draw pictures
Blue/Yellow – Try writing some sentences independently using your words or you could print and complete these ay task sheets.
Green – Try writing a sentence with some support from an adult.
Or print and try this bugclub worksheet: ay cut and stick
– remember your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Online games –
Purple Group tasks: Please feel free to try the activities above but if you feel like trying something else look at the activities below:
- I have set up some extra learning games on bugclub to revise the sounds.
Use your letter cards – can you make the words alongside the video clip?
Use your letter cards to make words – write the word in your home learning jotter. Can you tell an adult or older sibling a sentence using this word (don’t worry about writing the sentence).
- You could also print out and try this activity booklet –
- Or you could try these online games – https://www.starfall.com/h/word-machines/
Numeracy: Addition and subtraction to 10
We have been learning about addition and subtraction to 10. Here is a clip to help remind you:
Today we are going to use our knowledge of addition and subtraction to solve missing number sums.
Resources Needed – a set of small counters or loose parts, paper/jotter, pencil/pen
Circles – Please focus on addition and subtraction facts to 10 (or 20 for a challenge).
Triangles – Please focus on addition and subtraction facts to 5 or (10 for a challenge).
Below are a selection of activities to try at home – Please remember that you don’t have to do them all!
- Here is a PowerPoint for you to work through with an adult or older sibling if you are able to:
Work through the addition to 10 sums as a starter then try the missing numbers to 10
(remember to use counters, cubes or loose parts to help)
- Work through this clip with an adult or older sibling – if you need some help remember your loose parts!
- Try this practical activity:
- Write number sentence 6 + ? = 10 – How will we find this out?
- Place out 6 red counters and 4 green counters. Say “Here are 6 counters, here are 4 green counters. I’m going to cover the green counters”
- Place a screen (a piece of paper, plate or material) over the counters. Ask “How many counters are there altogether?”
- Ask children to show you how many. After your child has answered remove the screen to check. Re-write number sentence 4 + 4 =10.
- Repeat for different examples – 2 red/2 green, 8 red/3 green, 10 red/4 green, etc.
- Download and print this bubble bond/jigsaw activity – PartPartWholeActivities
- Solve these missing problems in your jotter or download and print this worksheet superhero missing numbers
4 + ? = 6 2 + ? = 7 1 + ? = 5 ? + 2 = 4 10 + ? = 10
- Try these online games:
Thank you for all your lovely learning about worms – I have learned some wonderful worm facts!
Today we are going to learn all about bee’s. What do you know about bees? – Tell an adult or older sibling.
Your task: Create a bee factfile
Use the information from the powerpoint or clip above and create your own bee factfile. You could use the template provided minibeast-fact-file-template or make your own.
- Bee hunt – Where is the best place to find a bee? Draw or take a picture and write about it in your home learning jotter. Remember to be very careful not to bother or frighten the bees – I don’t want you to get stung!
- Life cycle of Bee– Use the PowerPoint above to complete the life cycle of a bee.
- Parts of an Bee– Download and print this worksheet and label the different parts of a bee.
If you are unable to print draw a picture in your jotter and label your bee with these words:
eye antennae wings stinger body leg
Finally here is a short story about Bee Yoga. Give it a go and have fun- I hope that you enjoy it!
I hope that you have a wonderful Wednesday.
See you soon.