Kirknewton Primary School

P2 5.6.20

Hi P2! I  hope you are all well and enjoyed the tasks Mrs Brockbank set for you yesterday.  Thanks for all the photos and emails and sorry if we haven’t been able to reply to them all.  As always, it is lovely to see what you have been up to at home.  We have had a busy week! It was Lucy’s 7th birthday on Monday so we had lots of fun celebrating in the sunshine and had a tea party in the garden.  I am sad that we have missed celebrating some of your birthdays so here is a special birthday song and dance we can all do together at home!

Today’s tasks

As we missed writing yesterday,  I thought we could do this today.  Last week I asked you to write an imaginative story about Buddy’s Adventures.  There were lots of super stories sent to me.  We are going to continue with this today.

Watch Part 2 of Buddy’s Adventures

Now discuss these questions with your grown up:

Who was Buddy calling out to?

Where did his family go?

How did Buddy and Jo help their new friend?

How does the story end and how do the characters feel?

You can use this story plan and word mat to help plan out your ideas.  Remember to just use short sentences to get your ideas down quickly.

Story Plan

Word Mat

Now you can write the rest of the story in your jotter or use this template.

Writing template sheets – two different line spaces

Remember to check over your writing when you are finished or read it back to a grown up.

I can’t wait to read what happens!  If you want to know the real ending, you can watch Part 3 and 4 after you have finished your version!

French

If you haven’t managed to as yet, then please log into Linguascope using the passwords you were emailed.  Here is the link again and remember to select Elementary.

https://www.linguascope.com/

You can complete the activites on Semaine or Meteo to revise these topics.

Just for fun:

Here are some French challenges.  Just choose one which interests you to complete today.

the_great_french_language_challenge

Together Time

It looks like the sunshine has gone away for now! If you can’t get outside today then choose something fun to do together like a board game, jigsaw or watch a favourite movie.  I have promised to help my little girls build some of their new lego sets this afternoon.

Have a fun weekend! And well done to everyone at home for getting through another week.  I know it is hard to keep the momentum going at this time of year! If things are becoming a struggle then take some time away from the learning and go with your child’s interests.  Remember as always we are here to help.

Miss H

1. Hello!! Rhys wanted me to let you know that he liked the Go Noodle song. He is very excited because his Birthday is next Tuesday. He’s been counting down the days!

2. Hello I have planted sunflowers in my wellies. From Maisie