Good morning Primary 1
Thank you for all the lovely fact files, snail stories and snail trails that I have received – it’s so lovely to see all your learning!
Here are today’s learning tasks:
This week as we are learning about snails I thought we could learn the ai sound. Here is a clip to introduce you to it.
This is another long sound which can be made in different ways. Our sound this week is made using the letters a and i – ai.
Here are some activities to try at home:
- Online – There is a phonics task ready for you on Active Learn (BugClub). This will allow you to learn the sound and practice making words.
- Independent tasks – All – In your jotter write 5 ai words and draw pictures
Blue/Yellow – Try writing some sentences independently using your words or you could print and complete these ai task sheets.
Green – Try writing a sentence with some support from an adult.
Or print and try this bugclub worksheet: ai bugclub
– remember your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
- Online games –
Purple Group tasks: Please feel free to try the activities above but if you feel like trying something else look at the activities below:
- I have set up some extra learning games on bugclub to revise the sounds.
Use your letter cards – can you make the words alongside the video clip?
Use your letter cards to make words – write the word in your home learning jotter. Can you tell an adult or older sibling a sentence using this word(don’t worry about writing the sentence).
- You could also print out and try this activity booklet – Colour it, trace it, write it booklet satpinmd
- Or you could try this online game – https://www.starfall.com/h/word-machines/
Numeracy: Addition and subtraction to 10
We have been learning about number families to 10. Here is a song to help remind you:
The link between addition and subtraction is very important and helps us to recall our facts quickly.
Parents/carers – please do not feel like you have to try all of these activities – I have put up a selection of resources/activities to try to help with all the different learning styles. Many of these activities are a consolidation or learning from last week so you may wish to try a different one. Please feel free to use loose parts or cubes to help you!
Circles – Please focus on addition and subtraction facts to 10 (or 20 for a challenge).
Triangles – Please focus on addition and subtraction facts to 5 or (10 for a challenge).
- Here is a PowerPoint for you to work through with an adult or older sibling if you are able to:
If you are unable to view this please try one of the activities from last week using different numbers:
- In your jotters ask an adult to think of 3 numbers that link to make a number up to 10
e.g. 3,5,8 4,6,10 4,1,5 2,1,1
OR if you are able to print – try this activity at home – number fact families to 10
- FactFamilyGame + – to 20 – This printable puzzle game goes up to 20 for anyone who fancies a challenge!
- Online games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/Flash.aspx?f=triangularcardsv4
- Fact family flower – try making your own fact family flower’s to decorate your house with
I have been asked the questions “How are slugs and snail different?”. If you would like to find out ask an adult or older sibling to read this powerpoint with you or watch the video clip below:
One of my favourite stories is about Norman the slug. Here is a link to listen to and watch below.
I wonder if you could think of something interesting that Norman could use for a shell?
Draw a picture in your home learning jotter and write a sentence to tell me why you have chosen it. Could you give Norman another adventure?
I hope that you have a lovely day and cannot wait to see the ideas you come up with for Norman!
See you soon