Kirknewton Primary School

Thursday 4.6.2020 P3

A good morning to you all. Here is our morning song. Get into your exercise space and stretch out those muscles!

How are you doing?

I hope you are all doing a lot of learning at home. I know some of you are doing many other learning activities with your families. I have awarded coins to some of you on Sumdog for the work I saw you do there. I am very pleased to see you doing your learning on Sumdog and Active Learn, well done! I hope to see more of you do work on these sites.

I hope you are reading the books I allocated you on Active Learn.

We will continue with reading this imaginative story written by Beatrix Potter. You will read the story with your Home Learning  reading partner .The Tale of Peter Rabbit.

After reading the story I want you to retell the story in your own words. Remember to include all the main points of the story. You are beginning to learn to summarise a story. Your reading partner must make sure that when you retell the story, you tell it in the right order and include all the main points. They can also retell the story to you or retell to the whole family!

You started preparing for writing your own imaginative story. Continue writing your story. You are writing your own imaginative story and like Beatrix Potter, you are using your pets or toys as inspirations for your story. In your story your pets might talk ,do mischievous things or maybe be very adventurous! You will need to have a very interesting story line. I have a planner here to help you write a good story which has a good flow. My_Story_Planner_Help_Sheet

I know most of you enjoy writing stories and I hope you will send them over to me so I can read them! We might read some of them to our younger classes when we go back to school! So,take your time and write really good stories.Here are your S.C for the your story writing.

check on spelling

use full stops at end of sentences

use capital letters for names and the start of sentences

use good adjectives

use good sentence starters and joining words

good and colourful drawings

an interesting imaginative story

We will continue with rounding off

Can you round off these numbers

To the nearest ten, watch this video first

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic-home/arith-place-value/arith-rounding/v/rounding-to-the-nearest-10

42                                                           68                                              893

64                                                           89                                             643

To the nearest hundred, watch this video first

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic-home/arith-place-value/arith-rounding/v/rounding-to-the-nearest-100

345                                                 786                                                965

5 609                                             6 865                                            1 068

Now I want you to think of times at home you might need to use rounding off.

I am thinking of a time when you had to organise and invite your friends for a party. Did you use rounding up to organise or buy things for the party? How did you use rounding off? Talk about it . Can you ask your other family members how they use rounding off or maybe  they use it nearly daily? You will realise how important it is to learn how to round off.

Thursday Thrilling Science

Here are fun experiments to do. Choose some to do. Most of the things you need will be probably be there in your home. Make sure you have an adult to do these experiments with you.Take photos or videos of your experiments and send them over to me. Discuss what is going on in the experiment