Good Morning Primary 2!
Hi there everyone. How is everyone today? Are you all ready to complete your Sports Day Challenges? If you haven’t already done so, pick 8 activities from the choice of activities sent to you in the email. If you don’t manage to get them done today that’s fine. Results have to be emailed to the office by Friday. Good luck everyone!! You are doing this for your HOUSES!!!
Last night I posted a Week 5 Learning Pictures post. Please have a look to see what some of your classmates have been doing and feel free to comment. I’m sure they would love to see one!
Today I am going to issue literacy tasks related to the book The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His Grrrr which I posted yesterday. If you didn’t get a chance to listen to it yesterday, here it is again.;
Choose a couple of the following tasks to be completed by Friday, it’s completely up to you what you do. Feel free to do more than a couple if you wish.
- Draw Grizzly Bear with Rob Biddulph. See link from yesterday: Draw Fred the Grizzly Bear
Here are some Grizzly Bears that have been sent in already. WELL DONE They are fantastic!
- Comprehension Questions to be answered in your jotter. No need to print off the sheet. Remember to write in sentences: The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His Roar Questions
- Rhyming Words: How many rhyming words can you find in the story? See if you can write down some good ones in your jotter. Look at the words on the pages to help you.
- Book Review: Write a book review. Remember to include the Title and Author. Draw and write about your favourite part. Use the template below or do it in your jotter.
- Design Your Own Contest: What would an owl contest look like for Eugene and the other owls? What events would that contest have? On the sheet below or in your jotter, design your own contest for the owls or a different kind of animal!
- Wordsearch: There is a wordsearch also attached below for you to do if you fancy it.
Seeing as some of you loved Karate Cats the other day, I have decided to post it again, but this time it focuses on Numeracy and Maths. I’ve had a little go. The bronze level is ideal for all the children in the class. The silver level is more of a challenge but I know some of you will manage it. As you work through it, you can earn new costumes for your cats. There are lots of different topics so plenty to keep you busy. See the link below.
- continue to work with arrays practically at home and continue yesterday’s task.
- Work through the Numberbonds Ultimate Challenge sheets that are in your home learning pack, at your own pace.
Here are some tasks for you to keep going with.
- Have another go at the splat game that you played yesterday
- Complete the before and after sheets from Monday or do in jotter.
- Continue to work through your subtraction workbook.
Thursday and Friday
Miss Hunter will not be working tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow Mrs Brockbank, who all the children know, will be teaching Primary 2. She will be available to answer any questions throughout the day. Just email the office if you have anything to ask or send, as you normally would. I will be back on Friday covering for Miss Hunter so I look forward to being in contact then and finding out how you all enjoyed our virtual Sports Day! I hope you all have fun! Please continue to read the books on Active Learn and try to engage with Sumdog every day. Well done to the children who have completed the Spelling challenge already. In the challenge you are asked around 30 questions based on the 10 – 12 words that I have chosen for each group.
Thank you for your messages yesterday. They are much appreciated as always. Please continue to send photos in until the end of the week. I’m looking forward to hearing from some of you today.