Kirknewton Primary School

P2 13.05.15

Good Morning Primary 2!

Hi there everyone. How is everyone today? Are you all ready to complete your Sports Day Challenges? If you haven’t already done so, pick 8 activities from the choice of activities sent to you in the email. If you don’t manage to get them done today that’s fine. Results have to be emailed to the office by Friday. Good luck everyone!! You are doing this for your HOUSES!!!

Last night I posted a Week 5 Learning  Pictures post. Please have a look to see what some of your classmates have been doing and feel free to comment. I’m sure they would love to see one!

Today I am going to issue literacy tasks related to the book The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His Grrrr which I posted yesterday. If you didn’t get a chance to listen to it yesterday, here it is again.;

Choose a couple of the following tasks to be completed by Friday, it’s completely up to you what you do. Feel free to do more than a couple if you wish.

Here are some Grizzly Bears that have been sent in already. WELL DONE They are fantastic!

• Comprehension Questions to be answered in your jotter. No need to print off the sheet. Remember to write in sentences: The Grizzly Bear Who Lost His Roar Questions
  • Rhyming Words: How many rhyming words can you find in the story? See if you can write down some good ones in your jotter. Look at the words on the pages to help you.
  • Book Review: Write a book review. Remember to include the Title and Author. Draw and write about your favourite part. Use the template below or do it in your jotter.

Book Review Template

• Design Your Own ContestWhat would an owl contest look like for Eugene and the other owls? What events would that contest have? On the sheet below or in your jotter, design your own contest for the owls or a different kind of animal!
  • Wordsearch: There is a wordsearch also attached below for you to do if you fancy it.

Design Your Own Contest and Wordsearch

Seeing as some of you loved Karate Cats the other day, I have decided to post it again, but this time it focuses on Numeracy and Maths.  I’ve had a little go. The bronze level is ideal for all the children in the class. The silver level is more of a challenge but I know some of you will manage it. As you work through it, you can earn new costumes for your cats. There are lots of different topics so plenty to keep you busy. See the link below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zjkphbk/articles/zf4sscw

Circles

• continue to work with arrays practically at home and continue yesterday’s task.
  • Work through the Numberbonds Ultimate Challenge sheets that are in your home learning pack, at your own pace.

Triangles:

Here are some tasks for you to keep going with.

• Have another go at the splat game that you played yesterday
  • Complete the before and after sheets from Monday or do in jotter.
  • Continue to work through your subtraction workbook.

Thursday and Friday

Miss Hunter will not be working tomorrow or Friday. Tomorrow Mrs Brockbank, who all the children know, will be teaching Primary 2. She will be available to answer any questions throughout the day. Just email the office if you have anything to ask or send, as you normally would. I will be back on Friday covering for Miss Hunter so I look forward to being in contact then and finding out how you all enjoyed our virtual Sports Day! I hope you all have fun! Please continue to read the books on Active Learn and try to engage with Sumdog every day. Well done to the children who have completed the Spelling challenge already. In the challenge you are asked around 30 questions based on the 10 – 12 words that I have chosen for each group.

Thank you for your messages yesterday. They are much appreciated as always. Please continue to send photos in until the end of the week. I’m looking forward to hearing from some of you today.

Mrs Kendall

1. Hi Mrs Kendall,

I was so excited about sports day today ….. I have done all 8 tasks and sent my results in, somethings were quite tricky. We done it in my front garden with music and we made a poster.

Have you seen my squishy egg experiment yet?

I was doing my reading last night and noticed a lot of books had gone from my library and the ones with big points why did they go?

Ellis x

2. Hi Ellis,

Yes, I have seen your video. Thank you for sending it in. I still have to respond to my emails today as I have been in a meeting. It is fantastic!! Look out for my email in response.

Your Sports day sounds fantastic! Well done for doing all your tasks and getting your results in so quickly.

I altered Big Club so that only 5 books are showing at once as having such a large selection may be daunting for some. All the books are still there, just not shown. You will always have 5. Did you prefer when you had more books o show? Please let me know. The ones with big point are still allocated to you.

Mrs K

3. Hi Mrs k

Thanks for getting back to me. I like it when more books show, please. I’m doing them at bed time now as I feel I read better then.

Ellis

4. Hi Ellis,

I will increase the number of book you can see. I am glad that you are enjoying reading at night. It is a good time to read. I have sent an email in response to your email so look out for it. It will come from the office.
    Mrs K