Kirknewton Primary School

Tuesday 12th May 2020 P3

A very good morning to you, all ! Here we have our morning song.  I hope everyone in your family joins in to stretch out and move.

SportsCreate 3d Sport Text | Illustrator Logo Tutorial - YouTube

Tomorrow is Sports Day. An email has been sent to your family on what do . Remember you can choose to do the activities on Thursday or Friday. Start thinking about what you will do on the day you choose to  do your Sports Day. Good luck!

I hope you are getting on well with you newspaper reports. I am eagerly waiting to find out what you did on VE Day 2020! Send the newspaper stories to me if possible.

I have set a Spelling Challenge for you on Sumdog ,I hope you have started on it. I hope you chose your book on Active Learn yesterday and might have already started reading it. Keep reading!

Today I have a book I would like you to read, get someone to read with you. It is a very interesting book. After reading, I would like you to discuss these questions with your home reading partner.

https://www.booktrust.org.uk/books-and-reading/have-some-fun/storybooks-and-games/open-very-carefully/

What the title of the book?

Is it a fiction or non fiction book ? Explain your answer

Look out for tricky words as you read and find out what they mean.

Who is the main character in the book?

Which is your favourate part of the  story? Why is it your favourate?

Draw or make a model of the main character,  use recycled materials for your model.

Numeracy. COUNTING IN 10s and in  100s

Here are videos to help in counting by 10s

I would like you revise counting  in tens and in hundreds starting from any number. Play a game of counting in 1os . You start from any number, here are examples going  forwards , 45 , 55, 65, 75 , …… or going backwards     98, 88,78,68,58 ………

in 100 ,forwards 345, 445, 545 , 645, 745, backwards  ..601 , 501, 401, 301 …..

Number Talks

We will continue with using Friendly Numbers and Subtising in mental Addition

34  + 8                                                       67+ 29                                             500+310

25 + 9                                                          55 + 95                                            594+ 606

Topic

I will share 3D Seasons and Months models I have received so far from some of you. They are very lovely, they are worth house points each, aren’t they, great creativity! Lego was used to create these models , well done!

Beautiful Seasons and Months, 3D model using lego!

Another beautiful 3D seasons model using lego!