Kirknewton Primary School

Good morning P3 06/05/2020

It is yet the beginning of another Home Learning Week. It is a Wednesday and I hope you have had a long restful weekend. We have our morning song to stretch out our muscles. Get into your dance zone and do this dance as a family. It is a very popular song.

I hope you are busy making your 3D Seasons and Months display. I posted you examples to follow last Friday. I have another example here, so, be creative, let us see what you can make, include as much information as you can. This is a really good one and looks like everyone in the family can work together to do this, so let’s all get started!

Number

We will continue with  Number  Talks

Here are a few sums for  Family Number Talks. Again we are using Friendly numbers to make our adding or subtraction easy. Remember, you are free to come up with your own strategies which are more comfortable for you as long as you can teach/ explain those strategies to someone else in your family.

24 – 9                                                                     67 – 18                                                                                                 450 – 89

24 + 9                                                                   67  + 18                                                                                                 450 + 89

I also have some practical activities which you might choose to do. Here is an attachment. Read it , it explains everything. You do not need to print out the papers but be can creative and  make  boards using cardboards to make your Number board or draw in your Blue/Green Home learning jotter which was given out to you. You can each day choose a Number to display on your board. You can collect little stones, small sticks , cut out paper , use rice grains,  cereal grains, seeds, etc to make your display, make it an everyday fun activity. When you choose bigger number you needs to use tens to count. Here is a picture of a Number board, this is an easy one, I expect to choose bigger numbers . I would  like yours to have things you can pick around in your home, so that it is fun and creative! Building Number Sense to 20: What All Teachers Ought To KnowNumberSe nseFREEBIE 

Look at this this ,you can print out or copy out into your Blue/Green Home learning jotter. You can also do this.

Today I would like you to choose one book from Active Learn, choose your favourite character and in your Blue/Green jotter draw this character and write a few sentences about this character.  You are writing a Character Journey.

Mrs Bhebhe