Kirknewton Primary School

P2 24.4.20

Happy Friday P2! I hope you had a good Thursday and got outside to enjoy the sunshine as well as working on some of the tasks I set yesterday.    It looks like this lovely weather is here to stay for the weekend!

Today’s Tasks

Here’s a Friday dance for us all!

Free Writing Friday

In your jotter, complete a piece of free writing.  This can take as long as you want but usually around 15 minutes.  Remember this can be personal, imaginative or non- fiction writing on a subject of your choice.  You could write about things you have enjoyed this week and how you are feeling or try to write a story, poem or a song.  Don’t worry too much about your spelling, just use your sounds and remember to check over what you have written to make sure it makes sense.  If you would like, then share it with a grown up at home or you can send it to me via the school email account.

French

Hopefully you can find some time to keep practising the French we have been learning.

How many colours can you remember in French?

Here is a song to remind you.

Here is a French colours task to complete. Don’t worry if you are unable to print it,  then just draw a it on a piece of paper OR make a picture of a rainbow and label the colours in French.

t2-l-056-french-colours-activity-sheet-_ver_3

Together Time

Mrs Simpson posted some fun PE activities on the blog yesterday that you could try out for Together time.  Look at the ones for Early Level. You just need a ball or a hula hoop if you have one.  I’m going to give them a go in the garden today with my little girls.

Earth Day Challenge

Mrs Tracey’s Earth Day Challenge was posted on the blog yesterday to be completed by Thursday 30th April.Remember this is optional so don’t worry  if you don’t have time to do it. House points will be awarded and entries shared at next assembly.

Finally I want to wish you and your families a lovely weekend.  Stay healthy and happy!

I miss seeing all of your wee faces!  I hope you enjoyed the assembly and the’ We Miss you’ video from all the staff at Kirkie.

Miss H

1. Happy Friday Miss Hunter…. It’s been such a busy 1st week back with lots to do. I have enjoyed all the writing and watching videos online that you have both shared. I loved seeing all the staff in the school again it made me smile. Just going to do a little bit school work today as it is Friday after all then it’s time to get my paddling pool out, I can’t wait.

Ellis xx

2. Hi Ellis,
    Thanks for your message and your photos. I can see you have been working hard for mummy and having lots of fun too! I am glad you are enjoying the tasks and liked the video. It made me smile too! My little girls have been asking all week to have the paddling pool out so that will be our plan for later today! Have fun,
    Miss H