Kirknewton Primary School

P2 3.4.20

Happy Friday everyone! Thanks for the pictures some of you sent in of your home learning yesterday.  It is lovely to receive these! If you haven’t logged into Active Learn or Sum Dog this week, then please try to do this today.

Today’s Tasks

Free Writing Friday

In your jotter, complete a piece of free writing.  This can take as long as you want but usually around 15 minutes.  Remember this can be personal, imaginative or non- fiction writing on a subject of your choice.  You could write about things you have enjoyed this week or what you are looking forward to doing over the holidays.  You might want to put on some calming music in the background while you write.

Don’t worry too much about your spelling, just use your sounds and remember to check over what you have written to make sure it makes sense.  If you would like, then share it with a grown up at home or you can send it to me via the school email account.

French

I put on a blog post yesterday about free resources for families to support language learning for French and Spanish during school closures.  If you have time over the holidays, have a look at these resources and try the first unit together.

Here is the link:

Here is a clip for you to watch today about Easter. Can you learn any French words related to Easter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DSjGrOmmPc

Challenge! – Can you use the internet to find out about any Easter traditions in France?  What are the similarities/differences with how we celebrate Easter in Scotland?

Together Time

Choose something fun you can do together with your family if you can – this could be playing a game, building something cool, baking, playing in the garden or going on a bike or a scooter ride.

You could also work on the Easter challenges set by Mrs Kendall and Mrs Tracey this week.  Remember to email a picture to the school email.  We had this super Under the Sea themed Eggstravaganza sent in already! What a lot of hard work has gone into this.  Remember there is a house point for every entry and you have to April 21st to enter if you want to work on this over the holidays.

Finally, I want to take this opportunity to wish you and your families a healthy and happy break.  I am so proud of you all and I know you will continue to try your best at home in the coming weeks.  I will be spending some time relaxing with my family over the holiday so won’t be posting to the blog but I look forward to hearing all about what you have been up to after the break. Remember all the activities are still available from the past weeks on the blog should you need them.

Happy Easter and I hope the Easter bunny is good to you all!

Miss Hunter