Primary 3- 7
Make and fly paper planes.
Which plane can fly the furthest distance?
Does it matter how hard you throw the plane?
What happens if you change the angle or height at which you throw the plane.
What happens if you weight the tip of the plane, does it make a difference?
What about wind speed and direction?
Move like minibeasts
This is a great way to get young children active and help them burn off some excess energy. You can do it outdoors or inside. Challenge your kids to:
- lie on the ground and wriggle like a worm
- flap their arms like a butterfly flutters its wings
- put their hands on the floor and scuttle about like a spider
- do some giant leaps like a cricket
- crawl on the floor then curl up into a ball like a woodlouse.