Welcome to the Primary 1 Learning Blog. Here is a recap of our Learning this week
This week we …
- Finally caught the Big Bad Wolf! – He got tangled in our beanstalk and can’t get back to Fairyland. While he’s stuck Smokey asked us to help Sleeping Beauty who has been having bad dreams. In class we:
- Made our own good dreams and sent them to Sleeping Beauty.
- Made dream catchers to catch our own bad dreams.
- Learned to sing the song “There was a Princess long ago” and learned some sign language to go with it. Have a practice of it at home using this link:
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMlzCy2qM2k – or google Singing Hands: There was a Princess Long Ago.
- Thought of different ways to wake Sleeping Beauty up without kissing her (some children thought she might not like that as the Prince was a stranger!).
- Learned about the sound ee and practiced the correct formation of the letters. We thought about words that we could make using this and learned more about rhyming – Can you make any at home? Can you think of any more?
- b-ee, b-ee-f, t-r-ee, f-r-ee, f-ee-t, s-ee-d, s-l-ee-p, t-ee-th, th-r-ee,
- Learned more about the number 19 and practiced finger patterns.
- Learned more about even and odd numbers and counting alternative numbers (counting in 2s) to 20.
- Learned about subitizing flashed patterns to 10.
Please look back here for more learning tasks next week!