Kirknewton Primary School

Welcome Primary 1

Welcome to the Primary 1 Learning Blog. Here is a recap of our Learning this week

This week we …                                                                                             

• Finally caught the Big Bad Wolf! – He got tangled in our beanstalk and can’t get back to Fairyland. While he’s stuck Smokey asked us to help Sleeping Beauty who has been having bad dreams.  In class we:

Image result for sleeping beauty clipart grimm

• Made our own good dreams and sent them to Sleeping Beauty.
  • Made dream catchers to catch our own bad dreams.
  • Learned to sing the song  “There was a Princess long ago” and learned some sign language to go with it.  Have a practice of it at home using this link:
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMlzCy2qM2k – or google Singing Hands:  There was a Princess Long Ago.
  • Thought of different ways to wake Sleeping Beauty up without kissing her (some children thought she might not like that as the Prince was a stranger!).

We also:

• Learned about the sound ee and practiced the correct formation of the letters. We thought about words that we could make using this and learned more about rhyming – Can you make any at home?  Can you think of any more?
  • b-ee, b-ee-f, t-r-ee, f-r-ee, f-ee-t, s-ee-d, s-l-ee-p, t-ee-th, th-r-ee,
  • Learned more about the number 19 and practiced finger patterns.
  • Learned more about even and odd numbers and counting alternative numbers (counting in 2s) to 20.
  • Learned about subitizing flashed patterns to 10.

Please look back here for more learning tasks next week!

Ms Payne

1. Dear Miss Payne,

I have been doing some work today and made a mistake on my letter g but mummy told me it was okay. You may see two tails as my mummy tried to fix it.

I am missing being at school today and missing my friends.

Love Myla

2. Hello Myla

Mrs Walkingshaw and I have been missing you all too. Don’t worry about making mistakes – Just remember how many mistakes I have made when forming my letters. Making mistakes helps us to learn!