Kirknewton Primary School

Primary 6 – W.E. 15/11/19

| 1 Comment

We managed 8k this week making our total so far 100k. 🙂

This week we had a visit from Abbie Thomson who was teaching us all about animal welfare. We learned lots and played games.
I learned that if you want to pat a dog you first have to ask the owner and then ask where the dog likes to be patted. Annabelle
I learned that if a dog’s tail is under its legs or if its ears have flopped down then that means that it is not a happy dog. Melissa
I learned that if you see a dog lick their nose then that’s a sign of stress. Jakub
I learned how to care for different animals. Kayley
We are also enjoying reading our new class novel called Black Powder by Ally Sherrick which is about the gunpowder plot. This was recommended by our author penpal Barbara Henderson. Aimee
In P.E. we have been learning an Indian dance called Bhangra and a Scottish dance called the Canadian Barn Dance. Holly
We have been doing group research to find out what goes on in each layer of the rainforest. Annabelle
In Maths I have learned about three types of triangles, scalene, isosceles and equilateral. Aimee

One Comment

1. What a busy, interesting week P6 have had. And well done on reaching the 100k milestone! A very impressive achievement!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️😃👏🏼