Welcome back from the Easter break. We are delighted to see you. Although it has been a short week for us all, it has been full of fun and laughter.
The sun helped this week too 🙂 Here is what we have been up to at nursery this week:
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- We have been practicing our risk assessing skills and personal hygiene, when going into the kitchen to make snack. We have been learning the process for preparation, and have enjoyed chopping the strawberries. We did find the bananas hard but we are going to keep practicing!
- We have been playing Dodgeball on the nursery field with Mr Wilson. We have been making sure our throwing has been safe so that no one gets hurt. We have been developing our turn taking with our peers and Mr W.
- We have been playing tug of wars games with the rope we had out. We have been rolling down the hill and having a few giggles!
- Importantly, we created a ‘half time break seat’ as we all needed a rest. Staff have been reminding learners of the importance of drinking lots of water in the heat!
LITERACY & LANGUAGE
- We have been lucky to have NYCOS (National Youth Orchestra Society) with us having sessions with small groups of children over the next few weeks. We were singing and listening to the beats.
- We have been practicing our turn taking during conversations both indoors and outdoors – by listening to what others have to say and why we don’t interrupt someone.
- Staff have added new resources to the numeracy table to spark new interests in learning.
- Whilst preparing snack, we have been counting how many children we have at nursery, working out how many seats we will need. Do we have enough??
- We have been talking about distances in the garden when looking for our friends in the school, look how far away they are?
- We have been talking about how far our balls have been flying!
As always thank you to our helpers this week, Mr Farmer and Mrs Storrie. Thank you to the families who have brought in junk to the nursery.
Blue Group Mr Wilson appointments
Please see appointments, Mr Wilson is rearranging his Parents Appointments. Please sign up to a new date that suits you. Please do not hesitate to contact Mr Wilson, should you have any problems.
Mrs Hughes will be covering Ms Isbister who will be absent all next week. Mrs Ritchie will be doing an extra day on Wednesday. So we will have Mrs Clark and Mrs Ritchie on the same day – we are looking forward to that!
Thursday – Afternoon Show and Tell
Friday – Morning Show and Tell
We hope you have a fantastic weekend! 🙂