It has been a very busy (&sunny!) week here at Kirknewton Nursery Class. We have had lots of fun developing our skills and relationships.
Here’s what we have been up to:
HEALTH & WELLBEING
- We have been playing ‘rugby’ in the garden
- We have been watching and closely observing the P7 class play dodgeball and football this week. We were being ‘Good Spectators’. We then decided to have a game of dodgeball too.
- We have been developing our climbing and risk assessing skills as we climb trees in the school field / forest. We are developing our sense of belonging as we discover the world around us.
- Some children have chosen to take part in the Daily Mile this week – we managed 2 laps round the field. Well done to those involved!
- When we are finished with our play, we have been putting our resources away.
LITERACY & LANGUAGE
- When out in the garden we sang ‘ There were 3 in the bed’ as we climbed on the frame. It was very fun to jump off when it was our turn.
- We have developed an outisde reading area or a ‘chill book area’ as one of our learners called it 🙂
- We have been waiting our turns during conversation around the lunch table.
- We have been exploring the properties of amount and size as we have been playing outside at the mud kitchen.
- When going out to the field, we have been talking about distances.
- We have been trying to look after the garden, by sweeping up and helping to put things away.
- A Big thank you to Mrs Storrie and Mr Farmer for all their help this week. Thank you to our P6 Buddies who joined us. Thank you to P7 for letting us watch your Dodgeball and for being role models of Responsible Citizens.
- Welcome to our Early Learning & Childcare Area Support Manager (ELCASM) Mrs Young, who will be in setting with us next week too. Mrs Young is based at Mid Calder Early Learning Centre. Welcome Mrs Young!
- Thursday –
- Parents Evening (Please check appointment times in the cloakroom or with your child’s key worker)
- PM & 2FD Show & Tell
- PM & 2FD Last Session of Term
- AM Last Session of Term
- AM Show & Tell
- Nursery Closes Friday 5th of April.
This week we had fun out on the field, we made a bonfire and used our den building kit to use as Marshmallows. We got our resources from the garden and transported them to the field. We are planning to build a fire pit soon!!
Well done to all our learners this week. Well done you! 🙂